Chapter VIII

SHANNA

Music: Cloudy Court Galaxy from Super Mario Galaxy 2

So, it has been about a half hour since Sam and I left the island, and we were making no progress. Everything around us was just... water.

"Well, this ocean's a lot bigger than I expected it to be," Sam commented at one point.

"Yeah, which is a problem. I REALLY just want to get back home and get this over with," I sighed. This whole Thomas deal was really beginning to stress me out, if you couldn't tell.

Sam then chuckled, "At least we're not the ones rowing it."

"True."

We were both silent for a few more minutes after that, and then something weird started happening with Sam. "Um, Sam... you're glowing." I said, a little creeped out.

Sam then looked at himself, and then he looked at me and told me, "Well, so are you." I gasped when I saw my hand beginning to turn white. We were beginning to teleport again!
Finally, everything went white for a few seconds, and when my vision cleared, I found a familiar sight. We were right next to that park by Sam's house! I looked around and saw Sam right next to me, then Sean, then Anastasia, and then everyone else! I let out a small whoop to celebrate.

When Anastasia heard me whoop, she exclaimed, "Oh my goodness, you guys are okay!" and wrapped me in a bear hug. All over, there were hugs, pats on the back, and phrases of recognition. Eventually, Luke asked, "So, who do we think did this to us?"

The word "Thomas" was said amongst us, and it actually caused us all to burst into laughter.

Who would've known being reunited was this fun?

Too bad it didn't last for long.

SAM

Music: Bowser Appears from Super Mario Galaxy

Only a little bit after our laughing stopped, a large contraption began forming in front of our very eyes. Once it became clear, it appeared to be a giant robot. A recognizable laugh could be heard from the cockpit.

What did you think? It was Thomas.

"So, we finally meet head on. Well, for one, you're too late, as my PUIoD is fully capable of mass destruction in seconds. Secondly, you're just a bunch of, what, twelve-year olds? I could take you down so easily if I wanted to. Which I do," Thomas smirked, laughing like an evil mastermind... wait, he is an evil mastermind. Never mind.

"Prepare to eat your words, Thomas," I growled.

"We'll see about that," Thomas said while fiddling with the controls.

Music: Big Ducker from Gradius Gaiden

After a few seconds, the robot began to whirr. Then, a bunch of guns appeared on the chest, arm, and leg portions of the body, followed by the robot growing... muscles, and increasing in height by about 5 feet.

I then called everyone up to huddle, so we could come up with a strategy. Believe it or not, Chomata had a pretty good one. "Okay, so someone here needs to strike up a conversation with him to distract him, and then I'll turn invisible and climb up to throw him off guard. Sean, Shanna, you two come with me so we can beat the crap out of him."

"Okay, so where do the rest of us come in?" Heath asked.

"Heath, we're gonna knock Thomas out of the robot, and when we do that, you need to jump up and hit the self-destruct button on the back of the robot. Luke, use your sword arm on him once he's down."

"I'm still not mentioned anywhere in this," Anastasia muttered.

"Eh, you might be useful somehow. Now, go, go!" With that, Chomata turned invisible and grabbed Sean and Shanna, who also became invisible (o.o). Then they began climbing up the PUIoD, while I began talking to Thomas.

---

Sam started a conversation with, "Why must you do this, Thomas? I recall doing nothing wrong."

Thomas replied, "Well, Samuel, our Zabadoof empire isn't really... strong on Planet Gorf. We needed more Zabadoofs for our empire to grow, thrive, and eventually rule the planet. So that's why I decided to take matters into my own hands and- HEY, WHAT THE F-"

Thomas was interrupted by a blow to the face from Sean, who "appeared out of nowhere". He was followed by Shanna, and then the two of them threw Thomas to the ground. Chomata made the robot bend down so they could get out, then yelled, "NOW, HEATH!"

Heath nodded and made a leap about 15 feet high so he could reach the self-destruct button, kicked it as hard as he could, and then fell back down. The robot then exploded into a huge ball of fire, eventually becoming nothing but a bunch of rubble.

Luke walked over to Thomas with a sword-arm, growling, "Time for the end of you, Thomas," but Thomas had one more trick up his sleeve. Literally. He pulled a small orange ball of energy out of his sleeve and ate it.

And then...