First day back

For over a century, I have lived in secret; hiding in the shadows, alone in the world. Until now. I am a vampire. And this is my story.

[A man and a girl in a car, on the road.]

Anne, an hour's drive to hear that crap. You know, it wasn't even a band. A guy with a guitar. An hour each way. Really.. Darren he wasn't that bad.

He sounded like James Blunt. What's wrong with that? We already have a James Blunt. One's all we need.So why did you come? Because I love you. Nicely done. What's with all the fog? It'll clear in a second.

Watch out!

Are you ok?!We just hit someone! Oh, my god! Call for help.Come on, come on! Please be alive! Oh, my god.

There's no signal! Darren!............Darren?

(I shouldn't have come home. I know the risk. But I had no choice. I have to know her).

[Other scene. Elena writes in her diary.]

Dear diary, today will be different. It has to be. I will smile, and it will be believable. My smile was saying "I'm fine, thank you." "Yes, I feel much better." I will no longer be the sad little girl who lost her parents. I will start fresh, be someone new. It's the only way I'll make it through.

"Toast. I can make toast. "It's all about the coffee, aunt Jenna."

"Is there coffee?"

"Your first day of school and I'm totally unprepared. Lunch money?" "I'm good.""Anything else? A number two pencil? What am I missing?" Don't you have a big presentation today?" Asked Elena "I'm meeting with my thesis advisor at...now. Crap! "Then go. We'll be fine. You ok?" "Don't start." Jeremy said in an annoyed huff.

[In Bonnie's car. Elena's best friend.]

"So grams is telling me I'm psychic. Our ancestors were from salem, which isn't all that, I know, crazy, but she's going on and on about it, and I'm like, put this woman in a home already! But then I started thinking, I predicted Obama and I predicted Heath Ledger, and I still think Florida will break off and turn into little resort islands... Elena! Back in the car." "I did it again, didn't I? I--I'm sorry, Bonnie. You were telling me that..." "That I'm psychic now." "Right. Ok, then predict something. About me." "I see..."

[They collide a black bird.]

"What was that?! Oh, my god!" "Elena, are you ok?" "It's ok. I'm fine" "It was like a bird or something. It came out of nowhere."Really, I can't be freaked out by cars for the rest of my life." "I predict this year is going to be kick ass. And I predict all the sad and dark times are over and you are going to be beyond happy."

[At the school.]

Major lack of male real estate. Look at the shower curtain on Kelly bitch. She looks a hot-- Can I still say "tranny mess"? No, that's over.Ahh, find a man, coin a phrase. It's a busy year.

[They look at Matt.]

He hates me. That's not hate. That's "you dumped me, but I'm too cool to show it, but secretly I'm listening to air supply's greatest hits." Elena. Oh, my god. How are you? Oh, it's so good to see you. How is she? Is she good? Caroline, I'm right here. And I'm fine. Thank you. Really? Yes. Much better. Oh, you poor thing.Ok, Caroline. Oh! Ok, see you guys later? Ok! Bye.I'm not going to say anything.

[Jeremy and Vicki.]

Don't take more than two in a six-Hour window. Hey, Vicki. I knew I'd find you here with the crackheads. Hey. Hey, Pete Wentz called. He wants his nail polish back.Pete Wentz, huh? How old school T.R.L. of you. Carson Daly fan?

Oh, Ty, be nice. Be nice. That's Elena's little brother. I know who he is. I'll still kick his ass.