We Were Meant to Be {1}

A new story, my first actually :)

I hope you guys like it and I really would appreciate some feedback, even the worst :)

___________________

___________________

I walked down the empty school hallway with my class schedule and looked around. "Thirty-seven B," I mumbled aloud. "And just where the hell is that?" I wondered, looking around at the strange random door numbers.

I groaned and shuffled down the hallway to the office again. As I made my way, I bumped into someone. I looked up, mumbling an apologizing. I stared into his face and saw it was nearly hidden by his long swept brown hair. He shook it away from his face and looked at me.

I stared back, gulping heavily, "Sorry," I said again.

He nodded and walked off in the hallway. As he passed by, my heart beat rapidly and I froze, face bright red and burning hot.

"Excuse me!" I finally mustered up the courage to ask.

He turned around quietly, with a blank face.

"Do you know where thirty-seven B is?" I asked quickly, pointing at my schedule.

He looked at me for a while and asked, "You're in honors?"

I nodded.

He pointed at the door adjacent to me. I blushed horribly. He turned around and mumbled, "Good luck."

"Thanks," I said quietly as he walked off. The final bell rang and I hurried into the classroom.

_______________

________________

Later that day, I took my bike from the racks and pedaled it to the front of school. As I passed by a group of kids, they were unusually quiet. After I passed, they laughed loudly and said, "Blast from the past!"

I blushed and quickly got onto my bike, riding fast all the way home. When I got there, I smiled for the first time that day. Our new house was the only thing I liked about living in this rich area.

It was white-washed with red rails and roof tiles. It was three-story, and I had my own room at the very top. I went around the back and chained my bike up to the back faucet.

I went inside and called out, "I'm home."

Walking to the fridge, I got out an Arizona and an apple and made my way upstairs.

Now, I guess I should start from the beginning. My name isBahaCarasquillo and I'm from the Caribbeans. My parents never bother to tell me which part, but with a little research I'll figure it out sooner or later.

I'm seventeen years old and I'm starting my senior year in high school. So far, my life has been uninteresting and difficult to get used to ever since we moved to Washington D.C. from Boston two months ago.

Let's just say I'm not the typical rich girl. My dad only recently became successful when he won a case for some athlete I could care less about, and I still haven't gotten used to it.

People just....aren't as nice here.

For instance, whenever I go out to get the mail in my sweats and Celtic's jersey, my neighbor gives me this disgusted look and walks her dog on the other side of the street. Or yesterday, when my dad and I went to the lake to have fun before school started, everyone stared at us because were splashing in the water and not fishing.

I mean, yeah, the last one was weird, but give a girl a break! Fishing really isn't that fun.

I pulled out my cell phone and dialed Bernice's number. After a while, she picks up and says, "Hello?"

"Hey, Berry! What's up?" I asked, excited I could actually speak with my friends after so long in this strange suburban neighborhood.

"Who's this?" she asked cautiously.

"It's me, Baha," I said with a laugh.

"Oh...Hey," she said sheepishly. "I didn't know it was you. You sound different."

"Oh..." I said, after a while. There was an awkward pause.

"Well, I gotta baby-sit my little brother, so I'll ummm...Like call you later?" she said, talking to someone in the background.

"Okay," I said quickly. "Bye, Berry."

She hung up without saying goodbye. I sighed and put the phone down, sadly contemplating when we would go back to Boston for vacation.

"Baha!" I heard my mother call from downstairs.

"Yeah?" I shouted back.

"Come out here, I want you to meet the neighbors!" she said in her super-nice voice. Not that she wasn't nice; she was just really nice to the neighbors.

I didn't bother changing out of my school uniform of a burgundy sweater vest, baby-blue dress shirt, burgundy tie, and khaki colored short flared skirt. I pulled my socks up to my knee,re-strappedmy shoes and tied my hair into a ponytail, running down the stairs quickly.

I went into the kitchen and to the screen door my mother had open for me. There were three people sitting in chairs other than my mom and me. I could tell they were of Asian ethnicity, and they were in about their mid-thirties.

There was a third person, but I didn't bother to look who it was as my mother introduced me. "This is my daughter, Baha. Honey, these are the neighbors, the..."she paused in an embarrassed way. "I'm sorry, I'm no good with names."

The woman smiled and said, "No worries. We're the Mangjeols. I'm Karen, this is my husband Dennis, and our son Daniel," she said to me.

"She goes to the same school as Daniel, is that right?" my mother asked, trying to redeem herself.

"Hi," I said politely.

"Hello, young lady. Aren't you pretty?" the woman asked, smiling at me brightly.

"How are you?" the man asked, smiling and nudging his son, who was reading a rather large book.

The boy looked up and I was shocked to see that it was the boy I had bumped into from earlier. I froze and my face was bright red.

He nodded his head and said, "Hi." He then buried his face back into his book.

Good, I thought. He probably didn't remember the idiot who couldn't find the class right next to her. I smiled and then looked away awkwardly.

"Do you two take any classes together?" his mother asked, clasping her hands together.

"I don't think so," I said, smiling nervously.

"We have Chemistry and Calculus together," the boy said, not looking up from his book.

"Oh," I said, feeling stupid for the second time today.

__________

____________

Hope you guys liked it hehe :))

Hugs and kisses lol