Chapter 6

One of the monsters took a few bird-like hops closer to me, and reached his hand out as if to cup my face.

"Hey!" I slapped his hand away and moved back a bit.

"A banshee," He whispered.

"Tell me what a banshee is, or I'll scream." I threatened. The monsters all took a step back in unison, but continued to chant. I turned around to run away, only to realise they had surrounded me, and with each chant they were getting closer. I was beginning to panic, and was about ready to break down crying when they were only a few feet away, when someone started pushing past them.

"Excuse me, Sir. Pardon me, oh, I'm walking through here, thank you." When they reached the center where I was standing, the monsters they had pushed through where confused, but some looked ready to attack.

"Alright, Cambrelle, I thought you were going to listen to me when I told you to go back to your room, but no, you gotta explore, dontcha?" I looked at the speaker, and was face to face with Gerard.

"I wasn't exploring, I didn't know where the building was." I lied. Gerard shook his hand and grabbed my wrist, and started sprinting through the monsters.

"Getting lost out here with those things? That's a fucking death wish." He kicked a few things off of him and out of his way, and continued to run. "These are literally death for the dead. That's why we have a curfew, we don't want more of them." Before I could protest or ask what exactly they were, he came out at the end of the crowd, and pushed me backwards into something hard.

"Go back, and stay inside. I don't want to have to rescue your sorry ass again. And mark my words, next time I'm leaving you to die." He hissed, and walked back into the hoard of black monsters. I was shocked, but soon a shriek rang out, and a black monster thing was thrown out of the group, with a sword in his chest. Frank came running up to me, and usured me into the car, which I had apparently been pushed against by Gerard.

Once in the car, Frank hit the gas, and the car went speeding into a garage on the side of the building, said building only being a few moments away from where we were.

"What about Gerard?!"

"He's fine, he's armed with every weapon known to man, and he's been fighting those since he got here. He's like immune or something." He laughed. I sighed and leaned back into the seat.

"When Gerard gets back, tell him I'm sorry." You said and opened the door of the bar. Slowly stepping out.

"Woah, hey, Cam, you do NOT seem like the type of girl to apologise." Frank got out of the car too, and walked around to where you were.

"Don't try to 'type' me, Frank. I'm gonna try to find my room. I'll see you later." I said sharply, turning on my heel and walking away from the car.

"You're going the wrong way, Cami. Turn right." Frank called, I did as I was told and he gave me a thumbs up, though I rolled my eyes and walked faster.

~~

Once Cambrelle was gone, I sat and waited for Gerard. However, I didn't wait long, because soon Gerard came strutting into the garage, black ooze covering his bleached hair and his pale hands. As he walked he made a face at the ooze and flush some off his hand. I somehow expected him to do that.

"Hey Frankie, is the girl gone yet?" He asked as his eyes skimmed over the empty space in the room.

"Cami, her name's Cami. And yeah, she is." I answered.

"Thank you, non-existant god." Gerard mumbled under his breath, causing me to turn to him with questioning, angry, look on my face.

"What do you have against her, Gee? She's dead, just like everyone else here, why is she so terrible?" I practically shouted. Seriously, what was Gee's problem? Cambrelle was a nice girl, she was just a bit stubborn and rebellious; nothing Gerard couldn't handle, seeing as he was both those things. Gerard sighed and sat down next to me on the bench.

"You took her to H.O.W, that one day. Ground level H.O.W, at least. I wasn't in a great mood, and what did she do? Tell me off. I dunno about you, but that's one way to piss me off. Then when I proved she killed herself, she got all pissy. Then I had to go save her ass from the monsters. Besides, I work really damn hard to keep this place the way it is, and she doesn't appreciate that." Gerard walked as he spoke, and I trailed behind him to hear his reasoning. After a moment of silence, I spoke again.

"She very well might appreciate what you do, you just don't give her the chance to prove that." Gerard went silent and stopped walking. "Think about it, Gee." And with that I walked away.