Chapter 1

At the dawn of time – or, Saturday night of freshman orientation – there came about the meeting of seven young men; granted, 'men' is a bit of a stretch when applied to the individuals in question. They were all college freshmen, so take that as you will. All of them came from different walks of life, but all became integral to the formation of friendship. For, friends they became – a bond nigh unbreakable, forged in the heat of adversity, welded by a shared commonality which none could deny.

They were all virgins and in this, they were equals. Despite Seokjin's insistence that he 'once had his dick in the shallow end,' this was widely acknowledged to be a gross exaggeration and so, Seokjin was welcomed into the Club, nonetheless. The meaning of this soon became clear around midnight, when Taehyung stood on the radiator to raise his cup in the air.

"Gentlemen!" he cried over the roars of six, drunken freshman. "Tonight, I raise a toast to a burgeoning friendship!"

Enthusiastic agreement followed, in addition to Yoongi sloshing his drink over his cup.

"To finally being on our own," Taehyung continued. "And to finally being out of our parents' house!"

"Fuck, yeah," cried Jungkook, following this with a hiccup. He was the youngest of all of them and did not drink much in high school. Jimin leaned over, patting his leg reassuringly.

"And..." Taehyung's gaze drifted to each one in turn. His smile curved upwards, turning positively wicked. "Here's to all of us getting fucking laid before we graduate this hellhole!"

A rousing cheer followed.

"Hear, hear!" called Hoseok, slumped low on the futon. "To getting some pu-ssay!"

"To pussy!"

Jungkook nearly choked on his drink, prompting Taehyung to pound him hard on the back. Regardless, everyone drank and so, their friendship was cemented. At first, Namjoon named them the Virgin's Club but this title proved itself to be wildly unpopular. It was Taehyung who suggested The Rich Man's Crochet Club, after a random phrase in one of his mother's romance novellas. Somehow, the name stuck. The title of the group chat was changed, and seven young freshmen never looked back.

And – fade-out shot through the window, followed up by a long, panoramic view of the campus before –

"Namjoon!"