2

Have you ever had a dream about a deceased relative?

If you would've told me two years ago that my father would die of a heart attack I would probably knock on wood in fear of it coming true. If you would've told me two years ago that my father would visit me in my dreams I would call you psychotic and recommend a psych ward.

Little did I know it will all be bound to happen.

It's been two years since my mother and I found my father, clutching his chest frantically beside slumping over, burying his face into hot lasagna.

Since the death two weeks after, my mom has been protective. She watches everything I eat and where ever I go she does too. I just recently convinced her that I could ride a bus to school. She's been super clingy and I've been getting sick of it. Just last night, Jake Heart invited me to his senior party and I accepted, but my mom said I had to be back by eight o'clock. I ended up not going and decided to just tell Jake I was sick.

Currently, I'm at the kitchen table, chomping on soggy cheerios as I flip the small television, that sat upon the counter, to Charter On Demand. I went to 'music' and selected Music Choice. I went to all artist and turned on a Demi Lovato song, Really Don't Care featuring Cher Loyd.

I was in the middle of Cher's part when my mom cut the t.v off. I dropped my metal spoon in my now empty bowl with a frown etched on my face.

"I've been thinking...Maybe some new scenery is good... That family of five from two years ago still have their offer up. We can just give then the word and all we have to do is pack," She suggested.

I wanted to argue, I wanted to scream and shout, but I knew my mom wanted this - no she needed this. She needed to move away from the house her husband of ten years passed in, the town he lived in, in the place he found love in.

"Okay, I'm with you all the way," I strained out. Her eyes went alight and a blissful look crossed her features.

"Really?" She asked, uncertain, but hopeful.

"Of course," I gave a fake grin and stood up, picking my bowl up in the process. I placed it in the sink and turned back to face my mother.

"When do we leave?" I asked, dreading the day already.

"Well, I want you to have time to pass down your positions and day goodbye, how about... In one week?" She asked.

One week was definitely not enough time to say goodbye to my ever-lasting friends, but... It's for my mom.

"Perfect, just enough time," I lied. I waved goodbye as I grabbed my black backpack and swung it on my shoulders. I check the full length mirror in the foyer.

White shorts that were folded to just above my knee, a white and blue striped loose v-neck sweater, and silver sandals. A silver necklace hung around my neck down to my navel, the charms conceited of; A cross, a moon, a star, a heart, a owl, a cupcake, a key, a charm box, and a group of bells. My blond naturally crimped hair that fell to my waist was in a messy ponytail with my sidebangs and baby hair out. I yelled goodbye once again and opened the front door, squinting against the sudden bright sunlight. I locked The red front door back and bounded down the stairs, making my way to my assigned bus stop.

"Harmony!" I stepped off the bus and noticed my group of friends hanging out by a shady tree. I waved and made my way over there.

My friends consisted of; Jake, Jack, Jackie the triplets, Tristan, Luke, Reece, Noah, Samantha, Elizabeth, and Rosie.

Luke and Tristan are both gay and have been dating for several years, Samantha dates a guy named Steven, whose a junior this year, Noah likes Rosie, but Rosie is too obtuse to realize this, Reece dates Jackie, Jake and Jack date twin college girls, and Elizabeth is single like me.

"Hey guys," I glumly say.

They easily notice my mood, and all attention is on me.

"What's up buttercup?" Like asked, alike to the others with concern over their features.

"I'm moving... To Missouri, for good this time. In one week," I furrowed my brows as tears threatened my eyes, as the thought of leaving these weird amazing people pass through my mind.

"What!?" They scream at once. I winced at the volume and look down, hastily wiping traitorous tears away. I will not cry, this is for my mom.

"Yeah... Guys I would love to stay, but my mom needs this and I don't want her glum anymore. I love you all like family, but... My mom," I trail off. They all nod in understanding.

"We get it, Harms. You want your mom happy again. I completely get it," Jackie smiled, and Reece kissed her cheek, after wrapping his arm around her waist, nodding in agreement.

"Yeah, Jackie is right, we love you and we're gonna miss you, but your mom comes before anything, even before yourself," He pointed out.

It's true though. My mom is scared she is gonna lose me too and she wouldn't be able to handle that. She lost one important person in her life, she doesn't want to lose the only thing left to remind her of him.

Which I get. I'm a replica of my dad. My hair is crimped and blond, my eyes are doe-like with a green colour with an outlining of silver, my lips are a curved pink bow, and my nose is skinny, but small. My dad had short-cropped Sandy blond hair, with green eyes and silver outlining, his lips had the pink plump texture to it, but wasn't a curved bow, his nose was short and fat, but still made his face even more handsome.

My mom has auburn shoulder length hair, blue eyes, and bow shaped lips. Her nose is also skinny and small. All of our skin are naturally tan from our Italian and Spanish heritage.

I'm not Julia Roberts or anything, but I don't crack the mirror.

"Right, we'll help you pack. Oh! And you need to go shopping for some new clothing. As in 'you need brighter clothing,'" Elizabeth swirled. She's the shopper of the group, Jake, Jack, and Jackie all are music prodigies, but, go to public school anyway, Tristan, Luke, and Reece all are video game dorks, anything with blood, shooting, and zombies they are playing it, Rosie, Noah, and Samantha all are family people and bookworms. I'm however the only skater, gothic, rocker chick in the group. I ride my skateboard when my mom gives me time to myself,I love rock, indie, alternative, techno, screamo, heavy metal, and occasional pop songs. My favorite colours consist of black, blood red, camo green, and midnight blue.

"I'm wearing white aren't I?" I asked, and we all laughed, lightening the mood.

Soon the bell rang and we left for class.

I made my way, by myself, to AVID first period, wishing someone I was close writhin our group were going with me.