Epilogue

***

And when you fall in love, all things surrounding you come into a blur, and all you can see is that person. And when you fall in love, you become blind to the person's appearance. Because when you love— your eyes no longer see.

And when it rains, you can always hear the roar of the thunder and the heavy pitter-patter of the drops from the sky. But something inside you is always more strident. Louder than the thunders and the rain is your eternal loneliness, the screams of the thoughts inside your head. When these outnumber the positive ones— your ears no longer hear.

And when you lose your mind, all you can ever taste is the bitterness of life itself. You have forgotten the taste of a sweet aroma, forgetting all the luscious aftertaste that life could bring. Your mouth is closed like your mind— your tongue no longer tastes.

And when you smell death, its odor could be addicting that it would linger no matter what you do. Despite its foulness, you could find some comfort in its smell; the rawness of death itself amazes you more than the reality of life does. Because when you have smelled the hate— your nose no longer smells.

And when it comes to the point where you have to enclose yourself with your high walls and isolate yourself in your shell, the fear could always haunt you. Your only company is the sadness of your own. And when someone reaches out, you feel the warmth of the touch, penetrating your whole being deep inside your soul— your skin no longer touches.

And all the things you thought that make sense do not make sense.

Senses

written by superjelly.