The Time He Inherited Nothing

** Please Note: I write everything via a notepad on my phone, sometimes I don't edit, so please forgive me if I don't fully make sense sometimes.

I don't take ownership of any of these character, even the ones I made. I probably just don't own anything but the storyline.

I will use some Japanese terms. Here are the common ones to look out for:

daiyōkai - great demon
yōkai - demon
Inu no Taisho - Dog General (Sesshōmaru's Father)
hanyō - halfbreed (or half demon)

Enjoy~

x

SDB

----

"Not far now," Inuyasha yawned as he wandered endlessly through the forest, he and Myōga had been left behind after distracting a demon away from the rest of the group. He figured they either ran into a town or set up a camp ahead of him. Their scent wasn't too far away, as he stated.

"Well, we have to hurry before it gets dark," The insect warned as he sat atop of the inu hanyō's hair. "I know you don't want to hear this now, but we're at the borders of the Western Lands," He whispered to Inuyasha as he cautiously eyed the surroundings, making sure nothing crossed them as they were in between two territories.

Inuyasha scoffed and muttered, "Why are you so worried? I can handle myself."

"It's not that, Lord Inuyasha, but your Father was known around here, so others who faced him ran to the borders and most of them are bound to take a sniff of you!"

"That doesn't bother me, I can take any of them on."

The flea sighed. "You often sound like- Eep-" He screeched as he grasped onto the silver hairs on top of the hanyo's head. They came to a sudden halt as a shadow appeared before them, yet gold orbs glared their way. The tiny voice of reason for Inuyasha hid away, down his head to the back of his neck, sneaking a peek and mumbling under his breath that it would be too late to run away. The hanyō stood still, his brows furrowed as he asked, "Who are you?"

"Interesting," Myōga said with a sudden change of tone, his body leaped off and towards the figure. It confused Inuyasha as the flea usually ran away from the situation instead of going towards the threat, but before he could call out and question the motives of his companion, the flea cleared his throat and cut him off. "Lord Inuyasha, I don't think we should pick a fight right now," He advised with a shaky tone.

"Is that Sesshōmaru?" Inuyasha growled, showing a glimpse of his fangs. "Why does the shadow smell like-"

"-It's not, my Lord, trust me," The flea pleaded, his tiny hands clasped together as he continued to stare down the shady figure. "We should go the other way." He hopped back onto the hanyō and tugged on his hair, trying to convince the bigger figure to move at his advice. Still no reaction. In desperation, Myōga took a big bite to distract him, and in joy, Inuyasha reacted, causing him to press the flea with a finger.

"What the hell? Ugh, fine!"

"We need to."

"But why?"

Myōga remained silent as he tried to regain his composure, and it made him feel at ease as the hanyō began to move towards another direction. He glimpsed over to where the shadow was, letting out a sigh of relief as soon as the figure disappeared. "Lord Inuyasha, that was Lord Sesshōmaru's wife," He introduced while rubbing his head.

A chuckle echoed. "Sesshōmaru? He has a wife? Are you joking?"

The flea shook his head. "I served under your Father before being instructed to come to you, and whenever I wasn't with your Father, I followed on to Lord Sesshōmaru during his own adventures. It is the same as when I part from the group to travel elsewhere, that is when I return to the West, or check on your Brother," He explained with confidence. Myōga knew secrets, tales and important information that everyone would want, and in this case, it was about the first son of the Inu no Taishō. "And, yes, he does have a wife, well, more of a bride."