Chapter 6 A Childhood Friend

It was the final day before  the Golden week training.

"In general, you need to work on your receives!" Ukai-kun started debriefing the team. " If you can't do that, then you're not gonna get anywhere. Starting tomorrow at the training, we're gonna diligently work on it!" 

"Haiii!! Thank you" Everyone responded and bowed.

"Don't go skipping out on your stretches , now"  Ukai-kun said, dismissing the rest to proceed.

"Were their receives really that bad? Enough to make you sigh like that?" Takeda-sensei asked  as he noticed Ukai-kun sigh.

"Nah.. It's another matter entirely, " He groaned as he scratch his back as he look over the team.

"Does it have to do with having to decide who will be on the line up?" I suggested and he nodded.

"When i was a player on the "Being chosen" side of things, It never crossed my mind, but those doing the "choosing" have all sorts of things to worry about it." He explained as he looked at Kageyama and Sugawara-san.

"Asahi-san" Hinata called out.

"Hm?" He looked at him, confused and shy.

"I'm not an ace, but" Hinata paused for a moment. " I can create a pathway in front of the ace. I'll become the strongest decoy!" He proclaimed and Asahi-san look stunned which caused Hinata to be all flustered.

"Ah. I c-can't do it without Kageyama's toss, but.. That's why.. um.. arhhh... errrr" He started panicking.

"No matter the nickname or position, don't you think that the player the enemy team fears the most is the coolest?"  Asahi-san was trying to reassure Hinata. "Like having them say That middle blocker is dangers! be careful about you! so don't belittle yourself, okay?He continued and Hinata replied with an enthusiastic "Hai!"

"Ah.. I'm talking as if I'll be reinstated as a regular..." Asahi-san shyly said.

"Asahi's really timid even though he's such a big guy," Sugawara-san teased.

"We're glad to have you back Asahi-san,"Daichi-san smack his back.

"and the reliable Nishinoya too!" 

"OSU!!!" Nishinoya jumped in joy.

"But make sure you don't shove the vice-principal again, okay? " I teased him.

"Alright! wrap it up and let's get out of here!" Ukai-kun gathered everyone.

The whole team huddled up in a circle.

"KARASUNO FIGHT!" Daichi-san shouted.

"OSU!!" The rest of the team shouted in response.

-

I had just finished packing , ready for bed when my phone started ringing.

"uh.. H-hello?" I hesitantly answered the phone as it was from an unknown number.

"Ai-san, it's been a while, " The voice sounded familiar and only one person calls me by that name.

"Kuroo?" I said.

Kuroo  Tetsuro was my child hood friend as well as my childhood crush. My grandparents used to be his neighbor and we met when I would spend my school holidays at my grandparents house. Though I haven't met him ever since my grandparents passed away a year ago.

"Missed me?" He teased and laughs.

"Still an idiot I see, " I replied, it was nice to hear a familiar voice.

"Oh well, you got me there." I can hear the sarcasm in his voice. " I'll be in Miyagi in 2 days for a practice match, we definitely have to meet, " He continued.

"I know, I forgot to tell you, I'm one of the manager for Karasuno's volleyball club. Though, I almost forgot you goes to Nekoma that i only realised recently that i'll be seeing you," 

"Eh? You never told me that. What an interesting turn of events, I guess i'll be able to see you more than i thought, then shall i come over to your house and have a sleep over like we used to?" He teased again.

" Stop being such a flirt,"  I scolded him.

"hmmm.. Didn't you used to have a crush one me?" He continued teasing me.

"That was when we were kids, when are you gonna let that go?" 

"Never!" He said.

"stupid rooster head, anyway Our team will be having training camp which you should know, so I won't be really be able to meet you and hang out for a day, though we can meet for dinner or something like that, I'm sure i can ask for that," 

"Ah, so now you wanna take me on a dinner date?" This idiot is now starting to get on my nerves. "Hai hai, I'm kidding Ai-san, that would be great and I'd love to spend time with you" His voice became more serious which caused me to blush and paused for a few seconds.

"Oya, Oya? ( ͡ᵔ ͜ʖ ͡ᵔ )Is someone blushing?" He purred, he was always able to guess what I'm thinking or feeling.

"I-IDIOT!" I stammered, not knowing what to say."Anyway, I'm going to bed. I'll see you in few days , bye!" I quickly hang up and collapsed on my bed sighing. 

Ping! A message appeared on my phone.

"Oyasumi Ai-chan (づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ - Kuroo"

I smiled as i looked at the message and then drifted off to sleep.

-

-

This chapter is very short, but i hope you enjoy. It's kinda like a transition chapter before the golden week training and also to establish the relationship between the characters.

Tune in for more love drama incoming!