How it begun

Well, when I was a child, my mother made our clothes. At a young age I could turn a bed sheet into a dress. My mother and I lived in a sleepy countryside village, very close knit. Across from our line of houses, there was a lake that I used to sit at and sew. Dangling my feet over the edge, I'd collect wisdom from a fisher named Micheal. I learnt all about how to survive.

"Now, when it comes to berries" he said, casting his line into the water.

"There's a simple rhyme: red and yella' kills a fella', purple n' blue, good for you!"

I giggled at the funny sounding scentence, his thick Scouse accent made any word he uttered funny, well at least to me. I was five, and his stubble even made me laugh sometimes.

I pressed my tounge into my cheek, locking my stitch and smiling at my finished work. I held it up, scanning the doll dress for any flaws. It was my proudest achievement at that time, dyed pink material turned into a beautiful ball gown dress, lace was protruding from the sleeve ends.

"Look!" I squealed, pinching the sleeves and shoving the dress in Mikes face.

"Ee, bless yer' mam, teaching yer' such a helpful skill at such a young age!" He said, turning his head to the dress.

Everything was perfect at that time. No problems, no illness, no boyfriends or babies.

But then everything changed.