Chapter 10

“ STANLEY POV ”

Shaking her head in mock disappointment, she smiled, and as I’d hoped, her disposition lightened again.

“All work and no play,” she mused.

“Well, this will be even more fun since we are both going to be experiencing it for the first time!”

Without thinking, my hand found hers, and I wove our fingers together.

I froze, a little shocked at myself for instigating such an intimate gesture.

But I couldn’t deny how right it felt.

Cassie’s eyes widened just a fraction, but she didn’t say anything.

She simply smiled at me, then began walking toward the entrance.

We took an express lift to the Skywalk, an alfresco glass-floor viewing platform, and took a few minutes to simply enjoy the view.

When my stomach growled loudly, Cassie broke out into a fit of giggles.

“Good thing we have lunch reservations at the 360 Bar,”

I told her a little sheepishly. We ate a delicious meal with the city skyline surrounding us, changing ever so slightly as the restaurant revolved.

I asked Cassie what she’d been up to while I’d been working, and as she told me about all of the places she’d visited,

I noticed that most of them were museums and other attractions that were not known for their shopping.

My opinion of her was steadily growing, and it only added to my attraction.

However, it also fueled my desire to spend time with her, in and out of bed, and I wasn’t sure what to make of it.

If I gave in to those urges, I would be taking focus away from my work.

I decided to put those confusing thoughts aside for the time being and just enjoy our day out together.

After lunch, I took her to the Sydney Opera House, and from there we strolled to the Royal Botanic Gardens.

Cassie’s excitement was contagious, and I found myself more relaxed than I could remember being since I was a teenager.

She also kept me entertained with a fount of obscure but interesting facts about the places we visited.

I found myself using any excuse to touch her and keep us physically connected.

I also had to constantly remind myself not to ogle her, especially since her ass looked spectacular in those jeans

And her top dipped just enough to give me a tantalizing tease of her fantastic tits.

It didn’t do my libido any good, and I was sporting a semi for most of the day.

But I couldn’t seem to help myself, and Cassie hadn’t questioned or protested my actions.

We ended our little tour at Hyde Park and Queen’s Square, where I was absolutely fascinated by the architecture of the Georgian buildings.

It was my turn to spout knowledge as I ogled the techniques and incredible workmanship.

“Why didn’t you become an architect?” she asked.

My eyebrows slid up into my hairline at the question.

“How did you know I wanted to be an architect?”

“It’s obvious in the way you look at these buildings,” she explained.

“You don’t look at them as a real estate investment or simply at the overall beauty. Your focus is on the structure itself. All the little things that actually make it a unique work of art.”