The Dream

The summer holidays just started, when it happened for the first time. Leo dreams of a door. The door is different, it seems like a normal door but it is standing in an empty room with no connection to a wall. She is old, very old. There are cracks all over it, disrupting the beautiful carvings in the ebony wood. The golden doorknob on the other hand looks new, its polished and glares. The contrast between the door itself and the knob is like day and night. Leo stares at the door. He does not understand what is up with this door, nor with the room. His head is filled with questions. "What kind of door is this? Why is it so old, yet the knob new? Why is it in the middle of the room? Is she locked? Should I open her?" These and a lot more questions tantalise the 15 year old boy. Suddenly he has the desire to open her. He walks in front of her and moves his hand to the doorknob. Grabbing it and turning it just a little bit. The door opens. On the other side, nothing. He sees right through it, there is nothing on the other side, just the other side of the room. He goes through the door to the other side. The door slams shut and Leo wakes up. It was his father who woke him up, he apologizes for slamming his door on accident. He cannot get this door out of his head. He thinks about it every day.