Chapter 1

The rest of this story (at least on this book) is in Amber's point of view.

I would like to point out too that if you read this version and XxThisOneGirlxX 's version, they are identical in the dialouge and plot points but very different in writing style. That proves that we are not copying each other's work and taking credit in case anyone thinks that.

If you would like to learn more about Amber, go check out my OC book and go to the chapter labeled Amber Roth |BNHA OC|N

TW: MENTIONS OF ABUSE

------------------

"I hate this. Why the hell do we need to go to school if we're just going to be transferring to one half way across the globe?" Eve grumbles as she kicks a rock across the street.

We trudge down the driveway as I toss Eve the keys to my bike. Even though she hasn't taken classes, I let her drive most of the time. She knows how to ride one and as long as we avoid the main roads, we're fine.

"Because," I sigh. "Their freshman year is our sophomore."

"Here," Eve tosses me the only helmet we own.

Jeremiah only bothered to buy one helmet for the only one he cared about, me. The helmet is tailored to fit my fox ears and my head so it's a little hard for Eve to wear it. She usually makes me wear it more than herself even though she hasn't taken classes.

"I'm just saying, we have today to get through and that's all. Then we're on a plane and school starts only two weeks later." I shrug as I climb on behind her, wrapping my arms around her waist to stay on the bike.

"Why the fuck did you ask for a fucking crotch rocket?" Eve growls as she struggles to get seated comfortably.

"Cuz I look cooler when I'm speeding 70 down the highway." I shrug with a hint of sarcasm.

"Yeah yeah," She laughs as she rolls out the driveway and heads away from the main exit. "Course you think that, because when you're hunched over, you totally look badass."

"Hey!" I cry out dramatically.

I hold on tight and close my mouth as we hit the gravel road. Eve doesn't slow down a bit, instead kicking up a large dust cloud behind us. We ride for a good ten minutes (it would be five if we took the highway but don't wanna get caught with her driving without a license) before the large brick building that is Willow High School comes into view.

I scan the area, looking at the people milling around. I notice a few making out on the grass, some humping the flagpole, and others shoving each other into bushes. Pretty standard for the All American High School Experience ™.

"I swear to god this is the worst thing in life," Eve groans as I get off the bike before letting Eve get off. "If there's anything worse than being around that fat old walrus, it's being trapped at this hell hole for eight hours."

I chuckle at her anger before chirping, "Oh Aves lighten up! Tomorrow morning we'll be on the next flight to Japan and going to school at UA!" I pump my fist excitedly as my tail swishes behind me. I grin as I smell her frustration dissipating and her glare lessening in intensity.

"Yeah, yeah dumbass. Just pray I don't burn this place down by the end of today." Eve rolls her eyes as she shoves me playfully.

"I'm the one with a fire quirk. I'll do the burning thank you very much." I joke as I push open the door for the both of us, shivering from the cold blast of air conditioning.

"Thanks, and be my guest. I'll gladly wave you around like a torch." Eve fires back, causing the two us to bust out laughing in our way to our lockers.