Chapter 1

It was an amazing night at the Whiskey a Go-Go. There was an awesome band playing there called Trauma. But, one thing my dear readers, is that fate would intervene, and the universe would bring together a shy, timid James, and the relaxed, calm Cliff. The story is one for the ages, so take a seat, get comfortable, and be prepared for the wild ride, that is Orion, a James x Cliff story.

*James' POV*

Oh man. The band that's playing right now is awesome! We've gotta have that amazing guitar player for our band. As we got closer to the stage, the realization dawned on me, Holy shit! The guy we thought was a guitarist, is a bassist! He's amazing! When we reached the stage, I was mesmerized. I kept focusing on the bass player, and it was like everything in my world melted away, leaving just me, and him. I focused intently on his playing, and the way his wild mop of auburn hair flew around, sometimes resembling intense, glowing flames under the stage lights. I could've sworn I was blushing. I was immediately snapped out of my trance by my obnoxious friend, Lars waving his hand in front of my face and saying, "Hello? Earth to James? Are you there, buddy?" I lightly shook myself out of my trance, looking at Lars, and blushed lightly, saying, "Fuck off..." Lars chuckled, patting my shoulder, and said, "It's alright. I know you like him. I can tell because you were staring at him the whole time." My cheeks got more and more red as I crossed my arms, and stuck out my tongue at Lars. After a bit, the show was over, and the band was walking offstage. We took the opportunity to stop the bass player, and get to know him a bit. As we were talking, I noticed him focusing intensely on me, and I smiled, waving a bit. When I waved, he smiled, and said, "Do you wanna go get a beer?" I nodded, and Lars put a hand on my shoulder, and said, "Have fun, you crazy kids. Don't do anything I wouldn't do." After this, I playfully punched his shoulder, and walked off to the bar with Cliff. When we did, we got our drinks, and sat down. I took a sip of my drink, setting the glass down, and we started talking a bit. Cliff looked at me, his beautiful brown eyes meeting my blue ones, and said, "I noticed you focusing on me during the show." I blushed, taking another sip of my drink, and said, "I was just mesmerized by the way you play, man. It's awesome!" He smiled, and said, "Thanks. That means a lot." I looked at him, setting my drink down, and said, "And there's one more reason. I actually really, really like you. You're the most wonderfully gorgeous man I've ever seen, and I can't help but stare." Cliff smiled, putting his hand on top of mine, and said, "I was hoping you'd say that, because I like you too." In that moment, he pressed his lips to mine in a passionate kiss, making me involuntarily wrap my arms around his neck and run my fingers through his hair. After we broke apart, my cheeks were bright red, and we made our way back over to Lars, holding hands the whole way. When we got back to him, he looked at our hands, then back up at us, and said, "I guess you two hit it off then, huh?" We shot each other quick glances, and I said, "Yep. I guess you can say that."

*A/N: I'm so sorry this chapter is so short! I'm just having a little bit of trouble with coming up with details. Anyways, please enjoy this chapter! - Zoe*