day eight

day eight | surrendering

❝ and if one last night is all that we've been given, let's live it like we care

❝ and if one last night is all that we've been given, let's live it like we care.❞

lisa's pov

The night of sleep has been fabulous and restful. I felt like a queen. Take this Jeon Jungass sunbaenim. I rolled my eyes at the honorific. Jungkook may be my senior as idols, a whole talented musician with millions of people at his feet but in my eyes, he was just a cocky moody bunny. He wouldn't harm a fly but he could be moody when jealous and unpredictable.

I liked what happened yesterday, taking the time to get up, remembering the events of the day before. I had a lot of fun and I knew that If Jungkook hadn't been there, I wouldn't enjoy it the same. Flirting with him had given me new sensations inside my stomach, I couldn't stop smiling, I couldn't stop thinking about it. My whole senses were on alert, heart visibly beating loudly in my chest, I was possessed. Something was fluttering inside me and I felt addicted to the feeling.

I wasn't sure where this thing would lead me but for now, it was fun and ordinary. Ordinary girls my age should flirt, date, take an interest in someone. And I missed this side of my life, being normal and not to have to stay hidden every damn second of my life.

As women, the girls and I have tried to date but it was difficult, our lifestyle wasn't easy to manage and the fear of seeing careers destroyed often led to casual relationships and breakups. As for me, I was a helpless romantic and even though I wanted to feel loved, my career was also very important to me. Something I spent years to build, a whole new life, a whole new country, a culture, a language. It was simply too scary to imagine my life without BLACKPINK. It wasn't the time.

Twenty minutes passed when I finally quit my bed and started to get ready for the day. I felt a bit chilly, opting for a sweatshirt before changing my mind. I wanted to make an effort, I wanted to look extra good. For some reason. A high waist pair of black loose jeans and a graffiti dark grey tee that I tucked inside. Legs and waist were complimented, that was perfect.