20.

I opened my eyes and immediately squeezed them shut. All my senses one by one started to awake which was followed by a pulsing, throbbing headache.

I groaned due to the headache only for my throat to feel dry and hoarse.

I put my hand over my face and made one more feeble attempt to open my eyes and when I realized I could, I forced my eyelids to fully open as the rush of sunlight expanded my pupils and adjusted to the surroundings. My eyes automatically landed on the ceiling where my string lights usually were.

'Wait a minute! Where are the string lights?'

I immediately felt conscious of my shirtless body. My first instinct was I time travelled and was back at the party after Jimmy...I quickly felt alert and looked to my left and right and recognized my parents room.

Oh no!

Once my surroundings registered, it immediately brought hazy images of everything that happened the day before from start to finish.

Shit!

I sat up slowly and carefully as the blanket fell to my lap, leaving a trail of goose bumps to form on my arm. I wanted to my beat myself to pulp over what I did and said but my body kept highlighting the throbbing headache which was increasing in waves. I noticed a note on the bedside table and grabbed it. It was a note from my mom.

To whenever you are awake. Went to Church.

Clean up after your mess.

Mom

If it weren't for the fact that it was Sunday, I probably would have woken up with a gun to my head! My stomach grumbled and I felt famished. I think I'll start with water.

I got up and peeked outside the bedroom door. Convincing myself it was safe to go outside, I made my way straight to the kitchen. I saw my sweatshirt on the floor and somehow wished I could remember no more.

Why couldn't I have just forgotten everything?

I picked up my sweatshirt off the floor, threw it over my shoulder, grabbed a glass and went over to pour myself a glass of water when I noticed the filthy sink.

I covered my nose as I tried not to breathe in again. 'Ok! I deserved that!'

I turned the faucet on, put on a pair of gloves and scrubbed it clean, in whatever hangover that I was in. It was the last thing I wanted to do, but I still did it. Feeling convinced I did a good job, I finally poured myself a glass of water and drank it.

Then I went over to the fridge and had some cold cuts right off the packet and gulped some orange juice straight from the carton. It instantly brought the hunger down. I ran my fingers through my hair. I stunk and my hair was a complete tangled mess.

I need a shower.

I popped an aspirin and made my way to the stairs when I saw the gate...I recollected how my argument started with mom and quickly shut it off. I also could remember bits and pieces of the incident with Jimmy, but I pushed it aside for later. First things first...stay alive from my mom!

I opened the gate and walked the familiar path up the stairs. When I reached my room, I got that sensation you get when you think, 'Home Sweet Home'.

Throwing my sweat shirt on the floor, I was about to sit down on my bed when I noticed the mud on my jeans. Where did that come from?

So I pulled it out and threw it over the sweatshirt and sat back on the bed. The effect of the aspirin didn't kick in yet.