Chapter24:This Our Time

∞Sweet∞

D took me to this huge ass place all up
in LA. Everytime I ask how he got expensive shit he ignore it . "Yo sweet!?" Darwin yelled for me. I groan getting up from the comfy chair and walking into the kitchen. "What?" I stood next to him seeing what he was doing. "Taste this." He took the spoon full of I dont what and put it up close to my mouth. "What you trying to poison me with ?" He sucked his teeth and pushed it forward and I ate whatever he made. I made a mhm sound tasting the goodness of whatever he made.

"What is it? Its good." I began digging into the bowl with the spoon. "Prison dip." I gave him a look and he burst into laughter. "Thats not funny D." I hit his chest. "But you like it." I shrugged and took the bowl from him. "Dont hog. But we gonna go shopping later and couple other things." He said in between meals. "Where else we going?" I asked seeing if he gonna tell me. "You'll find out. " he smirked and kissed my head before leaving me in the kitchen by myself. I finish the dip and washed the bowl before heading upstairs to take a shower.

*Jode*

I sat in the waiting room at the hospital while M.C got his stuff together. "Jo." I turned around and I automatic felt guilty.  Everything that happen at the hookah bar started to flutter back. "Ayo." I snapped out of my thoughts and grabbed his papers out my bag. "D told me to give this to you." He took the papers and motion for the nurse to leave us. She nodded and he grabbed my hand and made me sit on hisblap. Good thing aint nobody but us in here.

"I'll never do no fuck shit like that Jode. I dont know what dumb nigga you fuck with before but I need you to trust me. Ight? I know its not easy but atleast try." I nodded with tears down my face. "Messing up my makeup amd shit." He laughed and wiped my face. "Come on baby. We got some making up to do." I smirked and pushed him out of the hospital and to the car.

Darwin~

After shopping for almost 3 hours we hit up a fancy restaurant only celebs go to. I couldnt tell her how we got in but ill do anything for my baby. "Damn baby this is fire." I chuckled and she gave be a what look. "You being all loud." She shrugged and looked down at her menu. "Hi my name is Libby . I'll be your waitress for today. What can I get you?" She said look at us in a weird way. "What you want bae?" I asked. "Can I get the steak well done and the salad no tomatoes and a water please." The waitress wrote down what we wanted and left. "You seen how she looked at us." I nodded not trying to pay attention to the stuck up waitress. "Gonna have the nerve to look atvus like we the brokest motherfuckers in here. She aint rich."

Sweet began going off silently. "Baby calm down. We not gon pay her no kind ight. We gonna enjoy ourself." She signed nodding and rubbed my hand. "You right ." She agreed. Libby came back with our glasses and wine that sweet ordered. "Um I didnt ask for this." Sweet stopped her from pouring. "Um yes I thought I could get what you can afford." Oh this bitch didnt... "Excuse me bitch?! You think just because we black we cant afford anything!? You done picked the wrong day to be racist Rebecca Becky Samantha !"

She use every white girl name but her real name. A tall slinder man came over acting like some damn body gaurd so I get up. "Is there a problem ?" I looked down at his tag that says manager and the name Erin on it. "Yeah yo theres a problem. Some wrong witcho girl." I said getting aggitated. "I had ask for the most expensive wine here and your waitress had the nerve to say she thought she could get what we could afford." She explained. "Well can you afford this."

At this point I got fed up and pulled out three stacks of money on the table and everybody got their eyes big. " I got more in there if you wanna see? Now ima take my Lady we not gonna pay for this since it was bad customers service. Oh and next time a black couple come in, dont treat them like shit." I grabbed my money and my girl hand walking out of the resteraunt and to the car.

~Back at the house~
∞Sweet∞

We was pulling up to the big house until I started to see blue and red flashing lights . Infront and behind us. "Damn." I heard D whisper. "Damn!?" The fuck is going on D!?" I yelled at him. "Darwin Dwayne Bae, come out with your hands in the air!" We both get out with our hands in the air and the rush over to him pushing him on the car and cuffing him. "you're under arrest for the murder of James Miller  . You have the right to remain silent . Everything you say can be held agaisnt you in the court of law ." Began on and on while putting him in the car. I was pissed mad and ready to cry. "Ma'am are you the suspect wife?" I nodded and he sighed and pulled me to the side.

"Your husband is being charged with murder. He been on the run from us ma'am I need you to be honest did you hide him?" I look at him like he out of his damn mind. "I didnt even fucking know about all of this! " I said irritated. "Do you have a ride?" I nodded and asked the officer if I can get my keys and he nodded walking me over to him and.I saw him looking at me with side eyes. "Where are the keys?" I asked with coldness. "Please sweet baby listen-" the officer cuts him off and asked him again until he finally told us. I open the door and got it walking back to his car and going straight home. I was mad I didnt even care to get my shit.

I felt used by him. He murdered someone and it was all to much.
This is all to much...