A Heat Haze

Phil's P.O.V.

It was just another summer day in our flat. I just woke up and picked up my phone from the bedside table. I turned on the phone, it's August 15 at 12:30 PM. I saw many missed calls from Dan this morning, not the best way to wake me up. He tried texting me too,

Texts from :

Philllll wake up

Can I see u plz

Am I allowed to open ur door?

When did u even sleep??????

Don't tell me you did another sleepless night w/ Phil

It's kinda entertaining seeing whatchu do in my sleep anyways

Wake up already damn it

He could've just gone inside my room and wake me up physically. Heh, love his laziness.

I went outside the bedroom and heard a familiar voice. "I see you're now a night owl." It was Dan, a roommate, a best friend but most importantly, soulmate. He was leaning against the wall in this funny pose, still wearing pajamas. He looks like he was about to do something to me. "Pfft, I never will be." I replied back, almost laughing. As I was going to the kitchen, I looked at the window.

The weather was incredibly nice. Perfect for a walk. Anyways, I finally went to the kitchen and get cereal, today's choice was Lucky Charms. As I ate in the dining table, I looked at the rainbow marshmallow that was on the spoon. I'm so proud that Dan and I did that, everyone was surprised, even the fans took it chill.

"Phil, you are doing nothing important today, right?" The curly brown-haired boy came up to me, now wearing his usual striped clothing, black jeans with the sad face cap from his merch store. "Of course, I will take any time for you." I said,  smiling at him.

"Do you wanna like, take a stroll down at our local park or something? I'm really bored right now."

"Well, yeah. Sure I guess." I feel bad to reject him so, I took the offer. "Great, get ready now. I will wash the dish for you." What a gentleman he is. I jogged to the bathroom and took a quick shower. Since Dan is wearing his own merch, I'm wearing my new constellation shirt. Proud of this one a lot, not gonna lie. Actually, I'm probably just proud of most of my merch.

We both are now 100% ready so, we walked to the park and a small ride from the underground. We, of course, met 2 fans along the way. It was a weekday so, there was rarely anyone in the park, especially kids. It was a great opportunity honestly. It's just all almost peace and quiet.

Like little children, we went to the small playground and sat on the swings. Dan found a black cat along the way so, he put the cute guy on his lap. We held hands. I'm glad there's not a single person nearby. We had a small conversation, mostly about the now-dead Tony the triop. It tells me that I'm still not prepared for a dog. Man, I really want a corgi so badly.

The conversation ended and we had a bit of silence. "Well you know, I kind of hate summer this year. The fucking heatwave is killing me." Dan boldly murmured while petting the cat and smiling at me when I pulled on an "I don't know what to say" face. 

"Agh, shit. Come back little cat!" The cat got off Dan's arms and he ran for it. I didn't want to lose him so I followed.

This moment would later change my life forever.