Prologue

Disclaimer: This story is a product of Ari alone. Jex is not involved in any way. The reason why this story is published here is because it is part of the Xyderverse.
________________________________

Bad Reputation
"Prologue"

Parker

She's awkward, she's shy, she's a downright nobody.

"If you can bed Grace Quinlan, I'll give you one hundred dollars." Frank says, nudging me.

Colton bursts out laughing. "Grace? As in the girl we just realized went to this school last week?"

Frank nods. "Exactly her. She's most likely asexual. I mean, just look at her." (A/N: Frank is a dick, this is not how asexuality works and ace people are not ugly or weird.)

I scoff. "I could do it. Definitely. I'll just call her pretty and she'll be putty in my hands." I take a long drag of my cigarette, the smoke coming out in rings.

"I didn't know the marching band even had practice on Wednesdays," Mark comments, playing with his blond hair. "I mean, the football team doesn't even have practice today."

Flicking the embers off of the end of my Kools cigarette, I watch the girl on top of the metal contraption. She's waving her arms around weirdly, but there seems to be a pattern to it.

Down, in, out, up. Down, in, out, up. Down, in, out, u—

"You in, Parker?" Frank asks, wiggling his eyebrows. "Gonna pop the awkward virgin's cherry?"

"Only one hundred dollars?" I ask, astounded. "Look at her. I won't get any pleasure out of that."

"Fine. One-fifty." Frank grumbles.

"I'll put that in the pot too," Colton agrees.

We look to Mark.

The blond shakes his head violently. "I'm not paying you to fuck over a sweet girl. That's just rude. You three are proving the negative stereotypes about football players true and I don't appreciate it."

"Weak!" Frank scoffs. "Forget you. We don't need you to have fun."

"Grace doesn't have many friends, but the ones she does have aren't ones you'd like to cross," Mark warns.

"What friends?" I hold back a laugh.

"Remember Chase? He brought her to winter formal last year."

I smirk evilly. "Chase is gone. I'm the football captain now. Plus, if they were actually friends, don't you think we would've been aware of the fact that she attends this school?"

"She's friends with King."

All heads snap to the innocent junior.

"King? Which one?" I narrow my eyes.

Mark motions to the football field where Xander King in all of his glory has an arm draped over the brunette's shoulder.

"Deal," I say, eyeing the mysterious girl.

Mark rolls his eyes. "I love how you say that despite not even knowing that she's been your neighbor since forever."

I scoff, hopping up and heading down towards King and Quinlan, my boys following. It takes a few minutes until I'm in front of the band geeks, a charismatic grin on my face.

"Hey, Grace, would you like to go to homecoming with me?" I ask, cocking my head to the side.

"No." She blinks, walking off with King, leaving me slack jawed and wide-eyed.

"Bro, she just told you 'no!'" Colton laughs hysterically. "You just got put down by a nobody!"

Grinding my teeth, I glare at the brunette and her freckle-faced compatriot. "It won't be no for long."

_______________________________

Author's Note:

It is finally here! This is the first solo work to be published on Jex's and my joint account. This story is fully, 100% mine and I hope that isn't a problem! I am really confident that you all will enjoy this story! It is part of the Xyderverse for a reason and paved the way for future, co-written material.

What are your thoughts on Parker Braxton? Is he a douche? Do you think he'll ever win this bet? What about Grace? Does she seem at all... familiar?

Thank you all so much for reading. As of now, updates may be a little sporadic, but as this story accumulates more attention and comments, there will be an eventual set schedule. I won't leave you hanging too long, I promise!

Thoughts?

-thesecretwriter888 aka A. A. White

Special thanks to our Patrons!:ReadingYaoiUntilDawn@McKennaShaw7

ReadingYaoiUntilDawn
@McKennaShaw7