Chapter 2: Upset

Chapter 2: Upset

What the fuck, madness fills my body. "What?" I say, as red finally takes over my vision. "We need this." Father says, his blue eyes matching mine. I sigh and Marcus stares at me. Clearly he's happy about this arrangement.

"As long as it's for this family." I say, my voice cracking. Lelia looks upset. She stands up, and slams her palms onto the oak table.

"You can't make her marry a random person!" Lelia shouts, her breaths were heavy. Father, Mother, I, and Marcus were shocked. "Lelia. Elena agrees with the whole marriage thing." Father says, narrowing his eyes towards Lelia.

"Lelia, Your room needs cleaning." Mother says, pointing up the stairs. Lelia storms off, and slams her bedroom door shut. Marcus clears his throat.

"The wedding will be after Elena graduates. Am I correct?" Marcus asks, looking at my parents. "Yes, we want Elena to finish High School." Mother says.

Father nods. I can feel Marcus's eyes staring at the side of my head. "So, when will Marcus propose?" I ask, as a smirk slowly makes its way onto my face.

"Soon. The story is that we fell in love when you were a freshmen while I was the junior. And we stayed together ever since." Marcus says, his Blue eyes twinkling under the lights.

I nod, and my parents looks pleased. "Than it's all set. Next year you both will be a married couple." Father, states proudly. Marcus stands up, and kisses my hand. He bids my parents good bye.

Maybe this won't be as bad after all.

-----

The smell of bacon wakes me up. My stomach growls, and I quickly get out of bed. My phone lays on the nightstand in front of me. Lelia's music is blasting, and I shake my head.

I slowly make my way towards the bathroom and close it behind me. I turn on the shower. And, strip my cloths off. When it's finally the temperature I want it to be I step in and close the shower door behind me.

----

By the time I had gotten dressed Lelia was poking her head in my room. "Can we talk?" Lelia asks, waiting for my answer. "Sure." I say. She walks in and softly shuts the door behind her. She sits on my bed.

"How can you be ok with this? Your marrying a total stranger." Lelia says, throwing her hands in the air. I let out a sigh. "It was a surprise but it's for the family." I say, offering Lelia a smile.

"Do you think, I can change? Father and Mother hate me." Lelia mutters. I stay silent for a few moments. I lay a hand on her shoulder. "They just wish that you tried better. They don't hate you. They are just disappointed." I whisper.

"I wish I could be just like you. The perfect child." Lelia chokes out. I stare at her brown hair she had inherited from our Mother. Lelia inherited my mother looks, while I inherited our Fathers looks.

"You are perfect just the way you are. You don't need to change. Your you." I say, wrapping an arm around her shoulder. She lets out a sob. I play with her hair and than I see something.

Bruises, covered her neck. "Lelia who did this to you?" I ask, softly touching the bruises. They were strangling her. She stayed silent. "Someone raped me, Elena. I don't know who. Last night." Lelia whimpers, her whole body shaking.

"Lelia..." I say, as tears prickle my eyes. Her soft brown eyes, were filled with tears. "They were strangling me, and they thought I was you, and they raped me." Lelia says. I let out a gasp.

A few years back, I was kidnapped to only find out it was for sex trafficking. I was abused, held against my will, I was also getting strangled. I still have trouble around older men. This day on, I still have nightmares.

Guilt rushes through my entire body. A sob escapes my lips. This was all my fault. They thought that Lelia was me, and they took her most treasure away from her. And it was all my fault.

"I am so sorry." I whimper, as I feel Lelia touching my shoulder, but pain jolts through me. And I let out a painful scream. Lelia had touched my scar. I was almost beat to death. "Why are you sorry." Lelia asks, as she wipes her tears.

Should I tell her? "A few years back, I was kidnapped and used for sex trafficking. I was abused, held against my will, I went through things that I can never thought I would ever live through. A gasp leaves Lelia's lips. "Why don't I know of this?" She asks.

"Because I didn't want you worrying about me." I whisper, looking down on the ground. She sighs, and she touches my thigh and I flinch a little. "Could you talk about it with me?" Lelia asks.

I stare towards the wall. "You don't have too if you don't wanna." Lelia chimes in. I shake my head. "You need to know the whole story." I say. Lelia rubs my back.

"Take a seat." I say, patting the mattress next to me.

"It's going to be a long story."