𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐥𝐞𝐭𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐬: 𝐱𝐚𝐧𝐝𝐞𝐫

❝ ᴜɴᴄᴇʀᴛᴀɪɴᴛʏ ɪꜱ ᴋɪɴᴅ ᴏꜰ ᴀ ɢɪᴠᴇɴ

ᴜɴᴄᴇʀᴛᴀɪɴᴛʏ ɪ ᴋɪɴᴅ ɢɪᴠᴇɴ.

- xᴀɴᴅᴇʀ ʜᴀᴋᴀᴅᴇʀᴀ

dear xander,

i know we don't speak as often as before, especially after the international blader's cup, but with your person i'd like to meet up in person sometime in the near future. the reason because i want to apologize for my red eye arc. i caused a lot of harm to innocent people because of my actions in mexico, and you've probably lost faith in me as a friend, but i want to fix that.

it pains me that your image and opinion of me has changed, especially because we've been friends since childhood.. if i'm still allowed to call you that.

also, i wanted to tell you i'm going to stay in new york for a while, one because i'm now the owner of the raging bulls (can you believe that?) and i have to get my body checked out in a hospital because i haven't been feeling that well lately, and my arm is still recovering.

anyways, i hope everything is going well with you, and i'll see you again sometime, okay? once again, i'm really sorry..

sincerely, shu kurenai

-

shu woke up and the first thing he'd done after getting ready for the day was write his final letter to xander, someone who has been there for him since before he could even speak.

his heart ached when thinking of all that has happened, but it's life and he has to force himself to move on and learn, despite the fact that he so disraught an unethical solution to all his problems was in the back of his mind.

shu collected the two envelopes and set out to send them to a postal service for mailing, but before he could step out two males entered the room. he faintly recognized them as joshua burns and trad vazquez.

"is it true what the media has been saying?" trad asked, tone slightly in disbelief. shu couldn't deny it, so he just nodded. joshua walked over to him and clapped his back. "lookin' foward to working with you, buddy. i hear your friends with that wannabe pop-star, zac the sunfall or whatever."

shu pushed him off with a slight smile. "at least his songs have meaning, the movie's you star in have some strange plots." joshua laughed and shot him a wink. trad sighed and whispered, "don't tell me this is what the future holds in store for me." shu shook his head and walked out of the room as he said, "don't worry." he stopped and looked at the letters in his hands.

"i'm going to help restore everything."