one

SHANE KENT was starting at the nine nine after moving over from Australia. He wanted a fresh start away from all of the drama. He fumbled to get his phone out of his pocket, he read the time,

8:50

SHIT. He thought, it took at least fifteen minutes to get to the precinct. He sighed before picking up his pace. He figured that you should not walk to work on your first day. He sighed, he didn't want to make a bad impression on his first day.

When he finally got to the precinct he shouted to someone to keep the lift open. "Wait!" The man heard so he kept it open. He had dark brown hair and a goofy smile.  When Shane got into the lift he introduced himself. "Shane" he smiled as he held his hand out.

"Jake Peralta" The man introduced. The silence was awkward in the lift and they realised they were getting off at the same level.

"Jake!" Everyone shouted, which confused Shane. It then was revealed Jake had been away for six months. Shane then made his way to Captain Holt's office. "Detective Kent, it's nice to meet you" Captain Holt introduced. Shane thought that Captain Holt seemed very authoritative, very strict but yet he thought they might get along well. "I'll introduce you to the team, that's Gina, my assistant" He started. Gina was on her phone, not paying any attention to her surroundings but to be honest Shane had no idea why she was even there, "Over there is Rosa" Holt continued pointing to a woman in all black currently smashing the keyboard. Holt informed him that she had the tendency to get extremely violent but assured him that she was a brilliant detective, "Over there is Charles" Holt continued pointing at a man slightly older than Jake. Holt informed Shane that Charles was loyal, almost too loyal when he mentioned Charles got shot in the Bum protecting Rosa. "Over there is Amy, one of best detectives" Holt continued pointing to a woman who looked very professional, almost too professional in Shane's opinion. "Over there is Sargent Jeffords" he said pointing to a very muscular man, he was wearing braces and a yellow shirt. Shane thought he'd probably get along with him. "Over there are Hitchcock and Scully" he continued pointing to two men who were currently eating. Holt sighed, "No one knows what the actually do but they are nice enough, the precinct wouldn't be the same without them" Holt continued. He then pointed to Jake. "That's Jake, the best detective in the nine nine more arrests than anyone, he's great a puzzles and crime solving" Holt finished before leading Shane out to introduce him to everyone.

"Team!" Captain Holt shouted to gain the attention of everyone, even Hitchcock and Scully listened. "I'd like to introduce you all to Detective Shane Kent, he'll be here working at the nine nine" Everyone smiled before going over to talk to him.

"I like your accent, it's very different" Gina spoke up, Shane laughed. "Where are you from?" She asked, Shane smiled.

"I'm from Australia, Near Melbourne."

"Cool, did you move over with family or not?" Gina asked earning glares from Jake,Amy,Rosa,Terry and Charles. They all thought it was a bit too personal to ask.

"No, I actually came alone" Shane replied

"Cool"

Shane then went to his desk, which was opposite Rosa. Rosa was quiet, she was focused and didn't reveal anything about her personal life unlike most of the others like Scully who had just revealed something disgusting about his body which caused Jake to shout, "Ew Scully! No one wants to hear about your disgusting body.

The rest of the shift went extremely quick for Shane, he had made a few arrests, which was always good. Terry then suggested the group should go out to Shaw's to celebrate Shane's first day, everyone agreed, including Captain Holt.

***********

"To detective Kent and Peralta!" Holt spoke as he raised a toast.

Shane sat at the corner of the bar, a bit away away from everyone but he could still hear them talking away. Just then Jake took the empty seat next to Shane.

"Hey"

"Hey, How was your first day back?"

Jake sighed, "I don't know, before I left i told Santiago i liked her, then told her i didn't mean it, then told her the truth but she still doesn't like me like that, she's with Teddy"

"Who's Te–" Shane began but he realised it didn't matter. "Man, that sucks"

Jake nodded before taking another sip of his drink, "So what brings to to Brooklyn?"

"Well, I needed a fresh start"

"What for, if you don't mind me asking?"

Shane sighed, "I was with a girl, she broke up with me and ran off with a priest, then I somehow was dating my sisters 'ex' we got married but she got pregnant with the brother of a guy who tried to kill her, my friend died, and my brother is involved with his husbands fathers buisness and they wanted me to help out and now my ex is going back with my sister when the ink of our divorce is barely dry"

"Man that really sucks" Jake sighed, the pair sat in silence for a while before Shane left.

**********
Shane was entering his apartment when he made eye contact with two girls. They were both attractive, both had dark skin and brown eyes.

"Hi! I'm Elodie" the one girl spoke, she then pointed to the other girl. "This is Valerie, we moved from Paris, we start work tomorrow"

"Cool" Shane spoke, "It was actually my first day today"

"Nice,where do you work?" Valerie spoke up.

"I'm a detective"

"So are we!" Elodie and Valerie replied in Unison, "what precinct?"

"the ninety ninth"

"What a coincidence, we start there tomorrow" Valerie spoke.

"Nice" Shane replied.

"What's everyone like?" Elodie questioned

Shane sighed, "Well Captain Holt, is strict,Very serious, emotionless but he seems like a strong leader, you then have Sergeant Jeffords who is a stickler for the rules, he's very experienced, then there's Gina, the Captains assistant, she's rude, she speaks her mind, I'm not sure what she does but everyone must like her if she's still there, then there's Rosa Diaz, she's feisty, very good at her job, she carries multiple weapons on her, she doesn't share any personal information about herself and she has serious anger issues, then there's Boyle, he's very good at his job, he's very loyal, he once got shot in the arse, then there's Amy Santiago, she's very organised, she's very good at her good job and she gets obsessed over weird things, Then there's Jake Peralta, supposedly the best detective in the squad, he has the most arrests and finally it's Hitchcock and Scully, they literally don't do anything but they've been there for years, they are accident prones and absolutely hilarious"

"Thankyou for filling us in" Valerie smiled, before she entered her apartment with Elodie.