Understand

The sun ray wake Kat up form her slumber. She opens her eyes slowly, only to see Jaehyun who's still asleep. She checks his temperature, his fever is completely gone. She gets up from his bed and prepares something for breakfast. While cooking, she hears a stool dragged behind her, Jaehyun must be up. She glances from her shoulder only to find Jaehyun standing behind her, too close for her to handle. She turns off the stove and face him.
"Y-you're up?"
"Looks like it" Jaehyun giving her attitude, not even giving her a slight smile. The attitude makes her feel weak. She feels like she is going to face the needy Jaehyun. The dominant Jaehyun. The cold and the tough Jaehyun. After all, she's just a girl inside a man's flat.

Kat put the soup on to the table top, and then wash dishes, trying to ignore his stabbing gaze. Suddenly, Jaehyun left her side and sit on the stool, preparing tableware. She finished doing the dishes and sit across him. They both eat in silence. Kat glances at him once in every moment, fearing that he's going to get angry or maybe turns into godzilla.
"Oh so that's how you do the game?" Ask Jaehyun, biting on his spoon. He put a smirk on his face, giving chills down Kat's spine.
"What are you talking about?"
"Do you remember what you said last night?"
"W-what did I said?"
"Jesus, Kat" Jaehyun sighs and then slam his spoon on the table. Kat is startled, her back is stiffen. Jaehyun walks to her, and then quickly lift her up on to the table. He locks her inside his arms which are leaning on the table, on her side.

"I don't like it when somebody plays with my feelings. Especially somebody that I really like"
"Jaehyun, I-I really don't understand wh-"
"Hush baby. Now tell me, why did you came here to take care of me, if you're in a relationship? I don't play with girls, Kat. And I'm not your toy" Jaehyun decrease the distance between them. His tip of his nose is grazing hers. She can feel his breath on her lips.
"I'm sorry but I really don't know what y-you're talking about" Kat is shaking, she can feel heat on her eyes. She holds her tears back.
"Who is he, Kat?"
"W-who?"
"Kat I'm not stupid. Tell me who is he"
"H-he w-was my... fiancé"
Jaehyun tries to swallow her confession, before he could think further, he was cut by her shaky voice.
"He was everything to me, he was my world. Now that he's gone forever, I don't know why he keeps coming back into my mind. I try to forget him, I really do. But turns out it's not easy" and there she was, crying her heart out, gasping for air. Jaehyun is taken aback by it. He can feel his own heart crush into million pieces, seeing her cry. She looks vulnerable, he felt the urge to protect her and keep her in his embrace. And he does. He pulls her into his arms.
"I'm sorry if what I did hurt your feelings, I'm sorry I wasn't thinking straight, but I do like you Jaehyun" she continues ranting on his shoulder. She covers her mouth to muffle her crying. And then, Jaehyun pick her up from the table to the couch and then sit her up on his lap. He pulls her to his chest and lie down with her on the couch. He's letting her cry as much as her heart content, caressing her tiny back, calming her.

After a moment, Kat stop crying. She's still gasping for air, but she can feel some weight is off her shoulder. After all this year, she can finally breathe easily. All thanks to Jaehyun, and that's the magic of him. His words can turn into a spell, making her obey it. His touch can turn her into liquid, following his flow. His smile can lit her entire universe. And everything about him is beautiful.
"I'm sorry I made you misunderstood"
"It's okay Kat, now that I understand you better, I'm the one who's sorry"
"Why do we keep saying sorry to each other?" she chuckles.
"Better than throwing fault to each other right?" he smiles, staring at her face.

They stay like that for a while, Jaehyun can't stop caressing her. He found her cute, with her red nose and flushed cheeks. Jaehyun decided to turn on the living room TV, choose cartoon network because Kat love Uncle Grandpa. Hearing her laugh, relieves him. After a few minutes into the cartoon, Kat is back like usual. All calm and steady. Jaehyun plays with her hair, and he get her attention because of it.
"Are you feeling better already Jae?"
"Much much better, thanks to you. I'm healthy now"
"Want to go to your bedroom? You need to rest, you're still weak from yesterday's fever"
"Are you inviting me to sleep with you?" Jaehyun teases her by wiggling his brows up and down. He smirks and locks her with his steady arms. She blushes so much even her cheeks can beat her red nose.
"W-what? N-no!" She pouts. Because of that, Jaehyun cup her cheeks to make her face him.
"You're beautiful, Katerine Joo" he says, making her flush like steam train.

Before they both realize, they lean in to each other's lips like it's magnetic field. The kiss goes steamy, as Jaehyun sit on the couch and let her legs circling his waist. Then he take her to his room, to shower his love.