Chapter 7 Till it happens to you

A/N: mind your tags..triggers ahead SORRY FOR THE LONG CHAPTER!

Claudia jumped seeing the two men suddenly appear in her kitchen, "Oh, it's you." She smiled at Derek, "You were just here. Oh, and you brought a friend." She looked at the young alpha who stared at her in shock.

"Mrs. Stilinski?" Scott choked out holding himself back from hugging her.

"Mom?" A young voice called into the warm kitchen, "Can me and Scotty play in the yard?" The young boy's eyes widened. "Oh hello." he shyly hid behind his mother's leg, her flowery dress swaying briefly.

Derek's eyes roamed over the tiny figure, was it possible that Stiles was smaller than the pup they had started to know. His wide eyes were shy but curious, he smiled and the alpha could see this boy was happy. He smelled of happiness and warmth, this was before he lost his mother.

Claudia turned to look at her young son, just as a dark haired boy came running up, his striped shirt wrinkled at the edge where the human boy was twisting the fabric anxiously. "Please Mrs. Stilinski, I promise to not climb the tree again."

Claudia kneeled down cupping the dark haired boys face in her palms. "Do you have your inhaler?"

"Yes ma'am." he smiled when Stiles produced said device from his own pocket.

"Alright then, no climbing and if you start to feel sick after using your inhaler let me know. Now go on then you two go play."

"Don't worry mom, I'll take care of Scotty. That's what brothers do." The woman nodded the two ran out of the kitchen.

"No running!" She yelled, receiving two replies,

"Sorry!"

Scott heard Stiles whisper near the door, "You'll be alright Scotty. Let's kick around the ball I'll do all the running to get it."

"Asthma sucks." A young Scott grumbled, and his best friend shrugged.

"It's not going to be forever I bet you won't be like that always. Mom says people grow out of it."

"It's alright, we can go hunt down that monster beatle you swear is lurking out in the garden." Scott shrugged clearly not believing his friend.

"You won't always feel sick Scotty. My mom says someday you'll be big and strong without it." Stiles wouldn't let it go. "We are going to be alphas someday! You watch."

"I hope so."  the dark haired boy coughed and then the two six year olds were outside slamming the door behind them.

"Scott?" Claudia put her hands over her face, "Oh god, it is you." She was beaming at the boy who stood taller than herself.

"We are looking for Stiles, he would be in his 20's." Derek interrupted Claudia before she could ask more questions.

"No, the only Stiles here is my baby. I wouldn't mind seeing what he grew up to look like. It's good to see he still has Scott to keep him safe."

Guilt sprang up in the alpha, "Look at you Scotty. So tall. Your mother must be so proud. And a bonded alpha! " She looked on the two with tears.

"We need to go. We have to find him." Derek apologized.

"It's okay, go on. Don't let him dwell too much in the past it's not good for any soul."

The two were somewhere else now, somewhere very loud and crowded. It was Scott's turn to curse himself, they were jumping based on their emotions. He didn't want to be here in this moment, "He's not going to be here. We need to focus on another place, on locating him somewhere else." The younger alpha looked frantic and jittery.