Prologue

When everything stops

When everything stops. When your breathe hitches and time pauses. Sometimes it feels like your drowning, and you can never get out. But sometimes, it feels like complete Euphoria.

The rush that swims through your veins, your heart beating faster then ever. It's a feeling you can't get enough. A feeling that is insatiable.

Talia Jacobs never wanted to be part of this world, nor did she needed to be in. It was a terrible world she was trapped in, falling, deeper the second. Hanging on a thread.
When your life is a complete shit hole, Talia only had three reasons in her life to keep her going, to prevent her from going over edge.

Reason one, her twin, Nate. The person that keeps her away from the edge. Both hypothetically and physically. The two lived two totally seperate lives.

Nate Jacobs was a The Star football player. The golden child. He had a strong build, muscled from head to toe, he was at least six feet tall, the boy had a threatening appearance as well as reputation. He was loved by basically everyone, mostly bye his on and off girlfriend Maddy.

Talia, the complete, absolute, polar opposite of her twin. She didn't play sports, at least, not the ones everyone talks about, she was one of the loners, A slim build, slender, She barely passed five foot three standing, her personality was much sweeter and calmer then her brother. Maybe it was because she was always high, or maybe it's because she hated seeing people that sympathise her and she wanted let everyone she encounter think she was fine and well.

But that didn't stop her from learning how to defend herself. Talia knee the dangers of the drug realm, so to come prepared, she learned how to fight, use a gun and various knives. But this all would be useless when she was as high as a kite. Nate never wanted his sister to have his type of life. Shielding her from any threat she could face, but this didn't stop her from finding a way to sneak around him. He'd do anything to keep her safe.

The only thing that made her heart break at the end of the day, was her brother, sitting in her room, every night, afraid that his sister was going to gone. Because, if she died, he wouldn't know what would happen. So for this reason, she stops herself, tries to at least.

The second reason, Fezco, Fez, he was her drug dealer. Fez knew the day he saw the petite girl, she was in deep shit. Fez was like a second home to the girl. She Every time she saw Fez, she'd always greet him with a hug or a warm smile. Fez lived for that smile, and he didn't want it to go away, and Talia knew that. She had a slow burn for the boy. And for many reasons other than this, she would try to stop herself, though he was a drug dealer so that wasn't so much effective.

Third, and her final reason, her best friend, Rue Bennett. The two got along with the common things they had. Drugs. Though Talia and Rue was always high together, Talia hated  the thought of her best friend passing away from an over-dose. Maybe it was because she cared about everyone, or maybe it's because she was secretly in love with the tall dark girl. Either way, Talia knew she had to steer clear once a while.

So, for these three reasons, and these three reasons only, was the only reasons she would force herself to live on drug free. Once a while, at least.