The Ribbon

There was once an 11 year old boy in school. There was a little girl in his class who whore a green ribbon around her neck everyday.

One day, he walked up to her and asked; "why do you wear that green ribbon everyday?"

She replied; "Well, maybe if we become best friends one day, I'll tell you.

As they got older they became very good friends.

-"Now can you tell me why you wear that green ribbon?"

-"Well, maybe if one day you became my boyfriend, i will tell you." she replied.

-"oh ok," he said.

They soon began to date in highschool.

-"Now can can you tell me why you wear that ribbon?"

-"Well, she began ; "maybe if we ever got married one day, I'll tell you."

They got married after highschool.

-"Now can can you tell me why you wear that green ribbon?" he asked once again.

-"Well, if we ever have kids, maybe I'll tell you...

After they had 3 wonderful children, he asked her once more.

"Now can you PLEASE tell me why you wear that ribbon?"

-"Can you just please forget about it? maybe one day I'll tell you".

So, he decided to never ask again.

One day she had gotten very sick and the doctors knew she wasnt going to make it.

Right before her last breath, she said to her husband who was by her side; "Now i will let you see why, i wear this green ribbon".

He slowly reached for the ribbon and pulled it.

Her Head Fell OFF...