WE'RE STRANGERS AFTER ALL...

taehyung thought in his head, at last! i've been waiting for this moment for forever. we need to talk about what happened four years ago —

"we have to act like we don't know each other," jeongguk's voice cut his thoughts off.

"i totally agree, i want to talk about last time, you — hold on, what did you just say?" taehyung backtracked, the other's words finally going through his ears and pierced his heart. he felt cold all over. funny. he thought they were going to work things out, clear up any misunderstandings between them, but he guessed wrong. jeongguk didn't want that, he wanted a brick partition between them.

and if that's what he wanted, so be it.

"we have to put a distance between us, taehyung. i can't bothered to have someone important in my life besides my right-hand man, and i'm assuming you don't want to be in relations with a monster either," jeongguk's words becoming a knife in his heart, twisting and twirling, deepening his pain.

taehyung winced at his choice of words. he didn't mean to call him that, it just came out — if there's any life lesson he's gotten in all his twenty-three years of living, you can't take back words that you've already said. and the right-hand man is someone important? jeongguk has already moved on... "okay, whatever you say," he mumbled.

"what was that, taehyung?" there it was again, that damn 'taehyung'. he missed when jeongguk would call him my taehyungie, baby, petal, doll, beautiful, tae, love... gosh, why was the nostalgia hitting him now, of all the times?

"i said 'okay'!" taehyung steeled his eyes, nearly shouting. he hated repeating himself, jeongguk, of all should know, as they share similar characteristics — oops, but then again, they're strangers now. aren't they? he took a deep breath, composing himself, his loss of control surprising him and jeongguk, judging from his widened eyes. "if you have nothing more to say, i'll be leaving." he stood up from his chair, back facing jeongguk.

jeongguk stopped him, "there's a room prepared for you, while the faction decides what to do with you. seokjin will escort you, so you don't have to worry about getting lost. or have the chance to escape." there was a pregnant pause. jeongguk's voice going up a notch, as it always did when he was embarrassed, "there should also be a change of clothes, so you don't have to walk around like that all the time..."

    taehyung furrowed his brows, wrinkles forming on his forehead, dressed like what? OH! he was still wearing his... costume. his face grew hot against his will. his back was acting jeongguk, so his bare cheeks were out of full display. why didn't seokjin tell him before he went to the dining room? taehyung screeched, hands protecting his goods and promptly, ran out of the room.