Prologue

“You are the Shadows.” Or, “the Shadows are of you.” I can’t remember now, how he had said the phrase to me all those centuries ago. It doesn’t matter anymore, now that we are forever sealed in the blackest depths of the NetherWorld. I sometimes wonder to myself, if It was really worth all of the trouble and distress It caused me. His name was never It, of course. I can never say that name again, without bile rising up in my charcoal black stomach. So now I must only call him It.

    Thinking of him might have hurt more, if I still had a heart to feel the pain. He took that away from me when he barred me from the surface world. Though I am blinded by the darkness now, I can still picture perfectly It’s face from so long ago. It’s beautiful ocean blue eyes, It’s shoulder length wavy white gold locks. The wonderful square jaw he possessed, perfect for caressing with my now onyx hands. I can feel a dull ache arising beneath my ebony chest, and I have to clear him from my mind, before this acrid feeling of nostalgia takes over my evil consciousness.

    I can’t bear to harden myself to this feeling though. No longer can I feel it fully, for he stole my heart from me long ago. I do not deny, I did feel love for him. But those times have passed me by, for no longer can I love the man I call It. He betrayed me, all those years ago. The entire story is flooding over me now, and I cannot stop it any longer. I wish I could forget everything he ever said to me, every touch we shared, every promise that was never kept. But sadly, I cannot forget. A Shadow never forgets.

Stay tuned! Chapter 1 coming soon!