Part 2: Embers

We were greeted by Eric when we joined everyone else.

Everything just blended together into a blur of dancing, singing at the top of our lungs, eating, and laughing.

Everyone started pairing off or going into smaller groups and talked in there. I found myself following Mindy into a small group that was around a small fire pit away from everyone else. Everyone was talking about something when we got there.

I took a seat by Mindy and Eric and everyone filled us into the conversation.

"Okay, we wanted to make this night a little more interesting and wanted to play a little game. Just for us though. Anything in here never leaves." Michelle looked around the circle making sure everyone understood. We all did.

"Okay, good. I know that this game is a little childish but I've seen chemistry between some of you and wanted to see if anything would happen. So, we are going to play spin the bottle." Everyone got dead silent with worried looks on their faces.

"Uh... won't we get caught..." Mindy asked her.

"No, Eric said that you can't see this fire pit from inside the house and everyone is too far away to see anyways." Some people let out a breath of relief but it was still dead silent.

"Uh, Mindy you go first because you're the only one who actually spoke." Mindy's head shot up and she looked really embarrassed. She got up and spun the can of soda that was on the floor in front of everyone. (They moved by the fire instead of around it)

The can spun in a circle for what felt like forever. When it finally came to a complete stop it had landed dead center on Eric. Mindy had a crush on him in middle school but it faded once we got into high school. So this would tell if anything could've happened.

Mindy slowly made her way to Eric. She slowly bent down, lifted his chin up and cupped both his cheeks and put a little peck on his lips. She returned to her seat and both of them were blushing intensely.

The game had continued and no one had landed on me yet. Absolutely no one.

"Okay, um, y/n, since no one has landed on you, somehow... you are now forced to spin." I hesitantly spun the can and it didn't take long until it landed in front of Sam. Oh of course, the universe really hated me. This would be my first kiss with the guy I've had a crush on since 8th grade. I just glanced at the can and Sam and back to the can.

I finally stood up and made my way to him. "Uh, so this is my first kiss."

"Ya everyone knows, it's okay." I was caught by surprise by him saying that 'everyone knows'. So I did what any normal person would do and grabbed his face and kissed him. Not forcefully but gently.

To my surprise he kissed back. We were at it for like 3 seconds until I pulled away. I stood straight up and walked back to my seat. When I sat down I was directly in front of him. I hadn't noticed that everyone was quiet until Sam whispered, "Not bad L/n, not bad". But it didn't seem like a whisper, because everyone was so quiet.