After the Fanfic Reading

"Wow, you guys got sooo close! I seriously thought you were gonna kiss!" Anthony exclaimed. They had just turned off the cameras after filming Wes and Flitz's "initiation" into Smosh Games.

"That's what we call committing to the bit," replied Flitz, grinning. Wes smiled weakly, not quite meeting his eyes. Those last two "kisses" had been slightly too close. Sure, he'd started the first one, just fooling around, but he'd really thought Flitz was actually going to kiss him on the last two times. If that had happened, he didn't think he'd have been able to control himself. It was hard enough trying not to be aroused by all of the little touches, or from having placed his hand so far up Flitz's thigh.

Everybody was starting to disperse, chatting and heading off for lunch. Wes followed them, trying to wrestle his thoughts away from Flitz. Joven saw how distracted he looked and came up beside him.

"Hey, you okay buddy?" Joven said quietly, so the others wouldn't hear. Unlike them, Joven knew all about Wes's feelings towards Flitz. "D'you need to head off for a bit, or are you okay to stick around for lunch?"

Wes glanced up at him, unsure of how he felt. "I don't want anyone to suspect anything..."

"But you do wanna go?" Joven guessed, looking down at Wes. Wes nodded silently, still not looking up at anyone. "Okay, buddy, I got you." Then, loud enough for everyone to hear, Joven said, "Err, guys, I'm feeling a little dizzy..." He stumbled, grabbing onto Ian in front for support.

"Woah, Joven, you okay?" asked Anthony, as Wes and Ian helped Joven pick himself up. Joven shook his head very slightly, feigning illness.

"I really don't feel too good guys. Wes, can you, like, drive me home?" He said.

- - - -

"Thanks for doing that man, I really didn't feel like going to lunch with them after that." The two of them were in the car, heading back to their apartment.

"No worries. I did say you wouldn't be able to look at each other after that. And look, I'm sorry about making you do that. Everyone else just got so behind the idea of making you two read a fanfic together, I couldn't really object without telling them... and I know you wouldn't want that." Joven looked over at Wes, checking that all was well with his friend.

"Yeah, I guess you couldn't really. And I guess it could've been worse, right? We could've been reading a worse fic. One that was more graphic, longer, you know." He sighed. Having a crush on Flitz was hard, especially after that. "How am I supposed to face him after this? I mean, sure he doesn't actually know yet... Would it really be so bad if I told him?" He glanced over at Joven for reassurance as they pulled into their drive.

"I'm really not the expert on these things, Wes. But I do know Flitz is straight, so there's really no point in you saying anything. You need to just move on and... find someone who cares for you, and will be there for you when you need them. Someone who's interested in you. If you would just stop mooning over Flitz, then maybe you could find that someone - right now they could be sitting right next to you and you wouldn't even know it!" Wes looked quizzically at Joven, having just parked the car.

"They could be sitting right next to me? You're the only one sat next to me Joven, and you don't... you're not..." He trailed off, looking into Joven's eyes, the truth suddenly dawning on him. "You...? For how long?"

"Pretty much since things fell apart with Erin. I was too scared to tell you... I didn't know if you'd... and then, when you told me about this thing for Flitz, I just -" His words were cut short by Wes's lips suddenly pressing against his own. He kissed back, pulling Wes closer. They ran their hands through each other's hair, kissing passionately.

Eventually, Wes pulled back, panting for breath. He smiled at Joven, and asked, "D'you wanna continue this upstairs?"