1. Admired at Distance

A/N - FIRST OF ALL, CHECK THIS VIDEO OUT! IT WAS BEAUTIFULLY MADE BY JustReading54 AND THEY DID SUCH AN AMAZING JOB ON IT. THE VIDEO HONESTLY DESERVE MORE THE LOVE AND ATTENTION BECAUSE IT 👏🏼 IS 👏🏼 A 👏🏼 MASTERPIECE 👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼

second of all I'M SO SORRY THIS TOOK SO LONG TO GET OUT! I keep procrastinating and letting myself get distracted from writing. But I do have three chapters ready! I'm just not going to upload them all at once. Speaking of uploading chapters, there won't be a uploading schedule. I personally find those very frustrating and they always put me under a lot of pressure. I live by the saying "quality over quantity". (Not that my writing has quality XDD)

Third of all,

hi

thanks for reading

owo

enjoy the chapter now

It was an early morning as the sun slowly rose above the tallest treetops of the forest. The flowers were blooming, the birds were chirping and the stream flowed quietly. It was a normal day just like the others.

Or so I thought.

The day began just as regular as always. I was sitting in the messhall eating the Quartermasters so-called "food". To give you an idea of what it's like, imagine mashed potatoes, but with a lot of other gross and questionable stuff in it. I asked him about it once and apparently it has a "secret ingredient", which I assumed would be something far from healthy, let alone edible. But I guess I'm not allowed to complain. I'm not that much of a cook myself, I just eat whatever my parents make me. Anyways, I was sitting in the messhall, playing and poking my food while listening to Preston ramble on and on about a play he was working on. Not that I didn't care, it was just really hard to concentrate since my mind was set elsewhere. Preston stopped mid sentence, sighing in irritation. "Harrison, are you even listening to me?"

I snapped out of my thoughts, giving Preston an apologetic smile. "Sorry, I was just.. nevermind. What were you talking about again?" Preston shot me a glare for a second but gladly explained to me what he was rambling about. "So, what do you think?" Preston asked with a tone of excitement in his voice.

"Honestly, I dont think it's a good idea to put Hamilton, Dear Evan Hansen, Heathers and Be More Chill all in one play." I concluded, being careful not to sound rude. "Wouldn't that be to much work for just you?"

Preston nodded in an understanding manner. "It would, but that's all part of the theatre business. All that it takes is a little.." He waved his hand around as he decided on the word he was looking for. "Reinvention. You know what I mean?" Now it was my turn to nod. "But, writing one musical is plenty of work enough. Let alone four. If I were you I'd work on something a little less complicated."

"Alright professor Broadway, if you know so much about musicals then what play would you prefer?" Preston asked, either very irritated or just overdramatic as always. That was a bad question, since I knew little to pretty much nothing about theatre. The only knowledge I had, I had Preston to thank for. And I really wasn't looking forward to another lecture about how "theatre is the best form of art" and how it "changes the world one playbill at a time", so I had to come up with something fast.

"I, uh— I don't know. Beauty and The Beast? That's a play, right?" I doubtfully blurted out. Preston remained silent for a couple of seconds, which I assumed couldn't mean anything good.

"Oh, my, god." Preston quietly spoke. He said it on such a tone that I didn't know whether it was a good or a bad answer.

"Its.."