ONE

"Brucie t's way past your bedtime, c-mon kiddo, we got a big day tomarrow," he lifted him off the couch ad brought him to lie down in his bedroom. The little boy rolled his eyes at his father and turned on his side in his black and white polk a dot pajamas.

"Don't be like that now, just get some sleep we're working tomarrow," the old man slowly went through the door and locked it.

"Yeah right, working," Brucie chuckled as he got to his feet and powered up his desktop computer. When the system had been fully initiated and the glowing white light shrunk his pupils, he logged onto Netbook where he saw three of his classmates onlne.

'Lameer shoudn't you be in bed?' he typed and smiled at the girl's response.

'Piss off Brucie' 

'My father thinks I'm asleep LOL' he typed and fearfully looked back at the bolted bedroom door.

'If a computer is in ur room he is an idiot for thinking that LOL' she replied.

'It's a dream come true. Brucie is on Netbook HS'

'Holy shit yourself Wyatt I have an account ofc I use it' Brucie typed and folded his skinny arms across his chest.

'LOL' Wyatt replied.

'So y r u up so late again?' Brucie typed and yawned.

'Has it occured to u that no 1 sleeps on Friday night' Lameer replied.

'What's so special about Friday night? SMH' he typed and smiled when she replied.

'It's Livingston High tradition. No 1 sleeps on Friday night. Ur late freshman'

'How am I still a freshman Lameer? I'm in the 8th grade remember?' he typed and quirked his lips.

'Doesn't matter........You still talk like 1'

'Whatever' he replied and checked the door once more.

'Did you hear what happened to Mr. Finch today?' typed Wyatt.

'No what?' Brucie typed and switched on the ceiling fan.

'Some of the teachers said he had a mental breakdown in his math class. They said the guy just froze at the chalkboard for a good 15mins till he started screaming'

'Wow reallly? When did all that happen?' he typed with a yawn.

'Brucie we spent the whole day 2gether, am I that 4gettable?'

'No Kendra you're not LOL. Sounds like UR missing me already' he licked his lips as he typed.

'It happened in the last period and it took 4 teachers to calm him down. They said he bit Miss. Porter' Wyatt replied.

Brucie went for a jacket from his closet as the cold room was giving him goosebumps. He quickly returned to his XOXO Computer when he heard the ping of another message and relaxed in the cushioned chair at Kendra's reply. 

'After what u did ofc I do LOL' she replied.

'All we did was kiss :)' he typed and checked back to Lameer with a troubling question 'Is it true that Mr. Finch bit Miss. Porter?'

It took her a while to reply but when she did he had already logged off and went to bed,

'Brucie look outside quick!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!'