Chapter 7 (Chasing Someone Who's Really Good at Running)

Michael's Pov

"Hey, you guys...." Quentin said as he walked into the room. "Your prisoner person escaped."

"What?!?" Ostin exclaimed. "We have to go get him, ASAP!!"

Everyone bolted out the door, and Taylor rushed out of Tara's old bed.

"Taylor," I murmured. "Maybe you should stay behind."

She shook her head. "You need all the help you can to catch him. If we let him go, who knows what would happen? Now come on!" She grabbed my hand, and we raced out the facility.

Luckily, Percy wasn't too far away. A golf cart was laying sideways on the grass around the facility. It was evident that Percy had jumped in it, realized it didn't have a key, looked everywhere inside it for a key, didn't find a key, tried to lock pick it, and when that didn't work, jumped out of the golf cart and flipped it over with anger.

Jack, who did have a key, came out of the garage in a golf cart and barked at everyone to get in. Everyone piled into the cart and Jack hit the gas. Surprisingly, the golf cart went somewhere around 30 miles an hour. It might not seem that fast, but with no windows or doors, it felt like you were in a hurricane.

"Here, press this," Tara said, pointing to a button next to the steering wheel that had a picture of a bunny on it.

Jack slammed his fist on it, and the golf cart lurched and went twice as fast. In a blink, we caught up to the black-haired boy.

"Stop!" I ordered at Percy. "Or we will shoot!"

Percy rolled his eyes. "Sure, Mom." He stopped directly in front of the golf cart.

"Brake!" Ostin screamed. Jack pressed on the brake, and our heads were thrown backwards.

"Put your hands on your head." I said.

He batted his eyes at me. "I'll do anything for you." A smirk played on his lips. "If you can catch me." He ran at the golf cart, stepping on the hood and flipping into the air, landing gracefully on the grass behind us, and broke into a run.

"After him!" Everyone yelled at Jack. Jack spun the steering wheel and turned the cart around and continued chasing after him. And seriously, that guy was fast. I didn't believe what Taylor had said about him going through hell, but it honestly might've maybe been possible.

I realized how good Jack was at driving, because even though the boy kept swiveling and turning, Jack kept up with him pretty well.

"Okay, Jack," I said. "This isn't going to work. We can't just keep chasing after him. We need a new plan."

"I have an idea." Ostin said. "How about Tara makes him scared, McKenna glow a lot to blind him, and Michael, you go up and pulse him."

"Okay, I got this." Tara said. She closed her eyes, and suddenly, Percy stopped running. He stared at the grass in front of him, frozen in place.

"Go McKenna!" Michael yelled. McKenna ran up and beamed a bright light from her skin. However, Percy still didn't move. McKenna stopped glowing when she saw his face.

"Guys...Come quick. Something's wrong with him." McKenna said, a little quiet.

Everyone dropped out of the car and ran toward McKenna to see what had happened to the boy.

They all stared at his face. Tara immediately stopped using her power on him.

Abi was the first to say something. "He's so.....lifeless."