Prologue

Hey guys,

This is the first time I am writing something... So i hope you like it.   Please feel free to comment and give tips..                                                     

Prologue

It was nearly a full day since the twins were born.The moon was shining magnificently in the dark, blue midnight sky. The babies were lying in their cot in the small hut. It is so sad that these girls had to lose their parents at such a young age, at least they had each other.

The baby girls held onto each others hands tightly. They were afraid to let go. They knew that someone close was lost, they could feel it. They didn't want to lose each other as well. One baby girl was sucking her thumb and looked over at Tala and Diana, as if she could understand what they were saying. They other little angel was looking around the room, as if she wanted to find out about her surrounding.

"It's so quiet and peace, so hard to imagine that a storm had occured," Diana commented.

"Yes. After every storm there is a rainbow. But each storm comes with great sacrifices, whether it is human life or some time. This time it was human life," Tala replied. Soon she was in a pool of tears. She was usually strong but... this time it was different. Something so precious was lost. Tala cried, she cried for the sacrifice made, she cried fir loss, she cried for the loss of the twins and she cried for that fate of the twins.

Diana understood the feel. Even she had lost her precious father. She couldn't help but feel regret. She should have been there. She should have helped him. She should be the one dead. She hugged Tala, and they both cried.

"Diana please take Luna to live with you. It is not safe for the girls to be together. They will have to meet at their sixteenth birthday but until then it is safer to keep apart," Tala instructed after finishing her sobbing. Then in a softer voice she whispered, "Keep Luna safe. Please keep her happy. Treat her like you own daughter. She deserves a lovely mother like you," Tala choked on the word 'mother'.

Diana's eyes sparkled. She had always wanted a daughter but that had not been possible... but now she had a chance. "I'd love to Tala," she smiled at her mentor.

"Thank you Diana. I will be taking Selene with me. I have one request. Please make sure that Luna knows that you are her foster mother and her real parents died but on their death bed they give you the responsibility of her. Tell her that you can't have your own children and she was a special girl for her." Tala said. Diana nodded.

They both walked over to the twins and kissed them on the head. Then, they moved them away from each other separating them...