Chapter 14

JINXX'S P.O.V.

We were in the backstage. Spider Enterprise's concert was about to end. I was chatting with Andy while Jake and CC were drinking, and Ashley was flirting with a girl.

I wasn't looking at Alex when the screams from the crowd became audible to us. We looked for the reason of the horrified faces.

What was wrong? A minute ago Alex was singing, but right then her voice had disappeared.

A loud scream caught my attention.

Alex was almost laying on the floor, her eyes on a concrete point. A minute later I was running in her direction.

– What's wrong? – I asked as I knelt down next to her, grabbing her arm.

Just silence. I followed her eyes with mine to find a really horrible scene.

ALEX'S P.O.V.

We were finishing our song “Heaven may be on fire” when there was a loud sound, a sudden silence and then the screams from the crowd.

Something hit me making me fall to the floor. I looked around not knowing what had happened when I noticed it.

The most horrible scene you could imagine was in front of me.

Jordan was laying on his drums set. All covered in his own blood.

Someone touched my arm, but I couldn't hear anything. The screams were too loud. I slowly turned around to look who was trying to make me stand up. Jinxx was looking at me with concerned eyes.

I looked back to Jordan. His body all covered in blood, the drums covered in blood. All around him.

Jinxx pulled from my arm again. This time I decided to stand up since he was insisting a lot. I almost fell to the floor because my legs were trembling.

– Let's get out of here! – Jinxx told me near enough as like for me to hear it.

I let him carry me to the backstage area. Mike and Henry where there too. They looked at me with worried eyes.

I didn't understand anything. Everything seemed so surreal in that moment.

~»~

When everything calmed down a bit, a worker came and told us what had happened. There had been a problem with the truss system and a part of it had fallen on Jordan.

– I saw it falling down, I thought it was going to hit me – Mike said burying his face in his hands.

I rested my head on Jinxx's shoulder. I was sat on his lap. He hadn't separated from me since it happened.

– I can't believe this is actually happening – I said against Jinxx's neck.

Jinxx stroked my hair with his free hand.

– Guys you better go home – Our manager appeared from the stage.

We all looked at him in silence. Behind him appeared the paramedics carrying Jordan's body to an ambulance.

– He isn't dead, but he's status isn't clear – he continued. We breathed in relief.

My mind was so fucked up that I didn't complain when Jinxx made me stand up and carried me to the car.

*One week later*

We decided that we needed some time for ourselves, so Spider Enterprise was on hiatus. Jordan was still in the hospital, he was in a coma. His parents have come from Scotland and were staying with him.

We decided to postpone the barbecue. Lyra and Drake understood it and supported us. I missed my friends, but right then I didn't knew what I needed.

Thoughts apart, today Jinxx and I were going to see an apartment. I stood up from my position on the couch and made my way to the recording room where Jake and Jinxx were trying to use a new computer programme.

– Are you ready? – I asked as he lifted his eyes to look at me.

He nodded and stood up, hugged me and kissed the top of my head.

– Everything is going to be okay – he told me. I sighed.

– Let's go, we're going to be late – I said, taking his hand and going to the door.

– Bye Jake – Jinxx said. I waved goodbye. He smiled at us and waved back.

~»~

– Here's the kitchen, the fridge is included. The living room, here's the bathroom... – the seller said as she leaded us to the different rooms of the house.

I looked at Jinxx for a moment. This was the first flat we've seen and it was nice. The houses we've seen weren't too well.

– This is nice – I told Jinxx as the seller disappeared for letting us some privacy.

 – Yeah, I like it, and a flat is calmer than a house in this neighborhood – he commented leaning on the counter of the kitchen.

– I think this is the one – I said tapping my fingers on the table.

Jinxx nodded smiling.

– We have a new place – he said. I slightly smiled too.

– Lets end up with the conditions and lets go to somewhere to have lunch – he said/questioned. I nodded in agreement.

New apartment, new life? No, not a new life. Just a different place.