one

'so, you're not mad at me?'

lilli asked as she stood in front of seungmin, ouija board in hand.
seungmin sighed and shook his head, playfully pushing lilli's shoulder.

'how can i be mad at you when you have blackmail pictures of me?' seungmin said, a sarcastic smile present on his face.

lilli giggled and skipped away, farther into seungmin's house, towards the living room.

'c'mon minnie, we've been talking about using an ouija board in here since we were 12, and what a better time to do it than when you're parents are gone on a week long trip?'

lilli set the board onto the coffee table, tossing the sleeping bags and plastic totes of snacks down on the ground.

seungmin shuffled over to the kitchen, pulling out three large bowls for their snacks.

'oh! seungmin! i forgot to tell you, because i just got paid, i decided to spoil us and got sushi AND a ramen for each of us!'

seungmin's jaw dropped and he immediately wrapped his arms tightly around his petite best friend.

'are you an angel sent from above?'

lilli chuckled and pulled apart from seungmin, quickly making the ramen and bringing them back to the living room.

their sleeping bags were laid out with the bowls, plates, and sodas all around.

seungmin sat as far from the ouija board as possible, snacking on the choco pies.

'let's get this over with,'

seungmin said, placing the board between the two of them. lilli giggled and sat down, placing the ramen next to the sushi.

'who would've thought that convenient store sushi tasted good.'

'hands, on the board.'

seungmin barked, eager to get things over with.

lilli placed her hands on the triangular piece, looking up at her best friend for conformation. seungmin nodded.

'if there is a paranormal presence among us, please make yourself known.'

lilli and seungmin looked at each other as nothing happened.

'ok smarty pants, you need to dumb it down a bit, it's a ghost, it's probably been a hot minute since they went to an literature class.'

'fine. is there a ghost here?'

the small piece began to move along with the fingers of lilli and seungmin, finally resting on yes.

'lils, please don't joke with me, if you're playing a prank on me i won't hesitate to expose you to your parents,' seungmin whispered.

lilli's head shot up and she met eyes with seungmin, mouthing, 'you would never!'

'oh, i would, ms. park,'

'ok let's just keep going. what is your name?'

the ghost began to spell out a name.

a. e. r. a.

'aera? that's the chick you like!'

'lilli shut up, we don't talk about her! ok, aera, do you want to cause harm to us?'

seungmin gulped, immediately regretting his question.

slowly the piece began to inch towards yes. it stopped, the piece fully resting on yes.

'shit, shit, shit, seungmin, i think it's time to say goodbye! goodbye aera! have a nice night!'

the two said goodbye, immediately throwing the board away and putting the trash bag into the garbage shoot.

't-turn on the cat videos! seungmin hurry!'

lilli screeched, shoving two rolls of sushi into her mouth.

'i'm too scared with just us, i'm calling the others!'

seungmin shouted, calling jeongin, felix, jisung, and hyunjin.

[...]

'so you used the ouija board? lilli we warned you not to!'

hyunjin, her older brother, scolded.

'i know, i know! but i was so caught up in fulfilling the promises i made when i was younger that i lost my better judgement!'

hyunjin laughed, tossing the final sushi roll into his mouth.

'h-hey! i wanted that!'

lilli whined, slapping her older brother's shoulder.

'i deserve it, it's either i eat it or i tell mom and dad about tonight!'

lilli sighed and turned back to the lame action move felix had turned on.

'wooooow! look, did you see him jump across to that other building?'

felix and jeongin said, turning to each other and roughly tossing each other around.

'chan is streaming!'

jisung screamed, the five other teens surrounding him.

'w-what's he playing?'

lilli asked, one eyebrow raised in confusion.

'i don't know, but look who he's with! woojin!'

lilli squealed, her cheeks flushing red.

hyunjin sighed, pushing his younger sister off the couch.

'stop fan girling, lilli!'