2:Freedom

School was average. About as good as any school day could be in May. The sun was shining, the birds were chirping, and Rhett had gotten an 88 on a biology test. Overall, nice. Plus, it was Friday which meant the weekend was finally here. Friday also meant that both him and Link had rehearsal with their band, The Wax Paper Dogz.

Once the last bell rung, Rhett practically ran out of school with Link, who were racing each other to see who could get to their respective bus faster. Rhett of course made it, but not by far. The bus ride had a drawl too it like most hot days in North Carolina did. The sun shown through the trees and windows, hitting all the students with a liberating sense of freedom. The sky sung with blue and twanged with a white hue towards the horizon, reading yellow through the sun. Not a cloud was to be seen. The trees swayed in the gentle breeze the day offered, which was a very sweet refresher. Time seemed to slow down, taking in the surroundings was all that seemed important to Rhett now. Didn't have to worry about school, so what else was there to do other than relax and have fun? The sun said so, too.
_______________

Rehearsal was a hoot. Everyone strummed on their instruments the best that they could. Which, was mediocre but still enjoyable as hell. Who was to stop them? The feeling of independence and relative lax was all that was tangible. Once everyone got a hook on what they were playing, nothing else existed. As the sun set, their morale just begun. With a Clearly Canadian in everyone's hand, everything was finally good. The Friday evening offered comfort and thrill to everyone willing enough to go get it.