She who sells the heart knots

"Ugh..." Thought Antoine, standing outside of a certain builder's workshop at 7:50 in the morning. "It's so hot outside today..."
     Not that Antoine minded, as he was there for a good reason, he simply just hated breaking a sweat. At the very least, he had gotten there rather early in the morning, so the sun wouldn't be too hot and he wouldn't be late for work.
"He's gotta wake up soon, I never noticed him as a late sleeper...." Antoine quietly mumbled to himself, waiting for builder Maven to leave his workshop. 

     His plan was to catch the young builder on his way out, and invite him to spend some time together, outside of the few minutes the two were together inside the commerce guild. Antoine thought well of the builder, who has always been kind to him since the day Maven moved in. Maven would show up at the commerce guild each morning to take a commission, as his job requires, and often bring Antoine a small gift, usually a random trinket from the builder's miscellaneous adventures. A few weeks later though, the pink-haired boy had been in a bit of a rush that morning, and asked Maven for a favor. He requested Maven bring him food for that day. Nothing too big, just something quick, like a salad. And every day since then, the builder had taken special care to make sure he brings Antoine food each morning. The secretary was grateful for this, as Maven really didn't need to do this, and Antoine figured it was time that he talked to him about it. That, and what Emily had said to Antoine when she had approached him the previous night. The farmer girl had told Antoine that Maven was actually quite concerned for the secretary, along with some other speculations that Antoine or Emily had yet to confirm. Emily had also mentioned her plan to speak to Alice about the situation, which is surprising considering Sonia, their mutual friend, was just as likely to know the answer that the pair is looking for.

     Sure enough, the builder's front door swung open, with Maven stepping outside. He stopped walking as soon as he noticed Antoine there, looking almost shocked. The builder looked around him, checking to see if anyone else was there, but to Maven's surprise it was only Antoine.
"Oh... Antoine! Good morning! I... didn't expect to see you here. How can I help you?"
The secretary chuckled a bit, crossing his arms in front of himself, in his usual stance.
"No, silly. I'm asking, shall we hang out tomorrow?"
Maven looked behind him once again, quietly readjusting the sword on his back.
"Oh... Of course, what time?"
"I'll meet you outside your workshop at 14:00. Is that alright?"
"Yes! That's perfect, I'll see you then."
Maven watched with a smile as Antoine walked about ten feet from Maven's front door, then proceeded to sprint towards the commerce guild. 'Maybe I'll go in a bit later today....' Maven thought.

"You've caught his interest, huh?"

Maven jumped just a little, quickly turning his head to find who said that. It was his neighbor, Emily, carrying a small green book.
"Sorry Maven, I didn't mean to scare you there. You fell asleep in my field last night, so I took you back home. You seemed to drop this while you were at my place. I figured you'd need it!"
The builder accepted the item from Emily's hand, although failing to recognize it.
"This.... looks like a crafting recipe, but it's not mine. I'll check it out though. Thanks Emily."
The farmer smiled, her blue eyes shining in the sunlight. "It's not a problem! Anyways, see you later!"
Emily watched her neighbor disappear into Peach Plaza, waiting until he was out of sight to finally acknowledge Alice hiding behind a tree.
"Are you sure neither of them heard you?" Emily asked the florist.
Alice replied with a smirk on her face, "I was completely hidden. I've been getting snooping lessons from Django."

Emily chuckled a little at Alice's joke, resting a hand on her hip.
"Alright then. What's the report?"