Chapter 2

I walk back to the table trying to keep calm. I end up sounding like a wheezy duck. Way to keep it under control, Jane.

        "Jane, are you alright? You sound awful, and it's giving me a headache." My mother's bedside manner is lacking. She's a sweet woman, but if she doesn't have the ailment, she can't relate to it.

        Feeling overwhelmed with emotions like any normal human being would be, I started crying, which didn't make the wheezing any better. What if I didn't get away? What did he mean we would meet again? Why the fuck did they try to kidnap me? I begin to cry harder and walk to my room. My mother calls after to grow a pair and not to ruin my make up. Yeah, she's a bitch.

        I shut the door and hear my mother coming down the hall. Not today. You're not going to butt in. I'mfucking 17 years old and Idon't need you to manipulate me into telling you what's wrong. I push the dresser in front of my door, and lay down. No, I'm not even trusted with a lock.

        "Jane Elise, open this door. I mean it, and if you don't listen I will cancel your date with Jason." My mother threatens through the barricade.

        "IM BLEEDING OUT OF MY VAGINA, MOTHER. I HAVE ENHANCED EMOTIONS AND INCOTROLLABLE URGES TO EAT EVERYTHING. PLEASE LEAVE ME ALONE." I'm not in the mood today. I don't even WANT to go on this date tonight. James is nice enough, but he's from church and I don't like him that way. But Mother insisted I go on a date with him, be cause he was stable and well-mannered. Whoo-hoo.

        "Well, I'll let you recover from your menstrual cycle." Oh my god. "Be sure you're ready by 7." My mother says sickly sweet. Bitch, you aren't fooling anyone.

        "Yes ma'm." Truth is, I just need some time to recover from what happened by the driveway.

*Quarter to seven*

        "Jane! Are you ready?!" You'd think she's going out with him.

        "ALMOST MOTHER!" I smooth my dress down. God, it's hideous. Is a maroon dress that sort of baggy everywhere. Very unattractive, but I want to deter James. I really don't like him all that much.

        "HE'S HERE! JANE COME OUT HERE! NOW." Mother screams hysterically. I run to the living room, and she gives me a once over.

        "Take the tights off. They look hideous. No tights." She critiques bitchily.

        "Yes ma'm." I slip off the heels and yank the thick black tights off. Now I'm going to be cold all night.

        The door be rings, and Mother rushes to answer it. James and her exchange greetings. James is a blond haired muscular man, wearing a flannel button down, jeans, and hiking boots. He looks handsome, and im admiring his looks, but before I know it, I'm out the door and in his SUV. We're driving down the road for awhile, and I ask where we're going tonight.

        "Somewhere romantic. I know how to treat a girl." He winks at me, and gives me a broad smile. I smile back, and feel a little more at ease. He seems like a nice enough man, and I think tonight won't be so bad.

        We head down the road some more, but I notice we're going in the opposite direction of town. I don't really think anything of it, because they're a million different ways to get to town. I do get worried however, when he pulls into a field.

        "What's going on?" I'm trying not to sound scared, but fail miserably.

        James parks the car, and cuts the ignition. He turns to me and shyly smiles. He leans toward my ear, and whispers, "I thought maybe we could have some fun?" He pulls back and looks at me, grinning.

        I look at him incredulously, and shake my head. "No thank you, please take me home." I reach into my back pocket slowly and grab my phone. He peers behind me and snatches it away.

        "No no no, baby girl. No one to call, and no one to hear you. " He whispers.