Proving a point

Trigger warning!: some internalised homophobia (please read safely!❤️)

Ethan
3rd person

Josh started laughing, giving a glance in Ethan's direction, "Think so?".

"Yeah, why wouldn't it be? It's Christmas tomorrow Josh, get in the spirit!" Ethan giggled, playfully punching Josh's arm.

"I dunno, never been into Christmas much, to be honest."

"Don't be a scrooge Joshua, just think of the party later, aye?" Ethan shot a warm glance in the dark-haired males' direction, earning a small smile back.

When they walked into the shop it was extremely busy, as to be expected. They headed straight to the alcohol aisle as Vik had already got snacks. Ethan gulped, before turning around to Josh, smiling, "okay, what do YOU think people drink?"

Josh's' shoulders relaxed as he chuckled lightly, "Cmon, you know I don't drink...Wine? Beer? And erm...vodka!"

Ethan started having a laughing fit at Josh's knowledge, or lack of.

For the rest of the time in the shop, Ethan was telling Josh about all the popular drinks and then convincing Josh to buy them. After walking out of the shop together, Josh held up the bag, swinging it lightly from side to side, " Are you sure you weren't trying to make me broke?", he laughed lightly.

"Ad rev not doing so well then I'm guessing?"

"Yeah, I guess so." Josh shrugged, " and how's your face by the way? I haven't asked."

"yeah, it's ok, very sensitive though. Thank you for asking."

"No problem, man. It must of been quite bad for you to need a big bandage like that though, how'd you do it?"

Ethan's face drained of colour. He stopped for a moment, trying to think of a plausible lie before saying, " oh, I was putting together this new table from ikea and then I slipped over on the instruction journal and smashed my head into the glass top and yeah...i had smashed glass imbedded in my face."

Ethan laughed nervously, hoping Josh would believe his shitty excuse. And surprisingly, he did.

"Shit, how are you so clumsy? But no, on a real, hope it gets better soon ."

When they arrived back outside of the house they could hear music even from outside the house, no doubt they would have noise complaints.

When Ethan opened the door, the first thing he saw was Simon sat on the sofa with JJ and Freya looking slightly bored, and then as soon as he saw Ethan his eyes lit up and his entire posture changed, and then he registered the dressing on Ethan's face.

Before Ethan could say anything, Josh was pushing him out of the door way and into the living room. Then he snapped out of his day dreaming when he heard a high pitched squeak...also known as Emily's voice. And then he felt the soft lips of someone against his as they swung their arms around his neck, and when he turned his head to see Emily he was slightly disappointed. I wish it was someone else, like S-no! I can't be thinking like that, it's not right. I like women. As if to prove a point to himself he twisted the rest of his body round and quickly smashed his lips against her matte lipstick-covered mouth, putting his hands on her waist. He could feel her smile into the kiss, obviously enjoying the public affection. The kept on going for a few seconds before hearing the increased amounts of "ews", "get a room" and "awes". But when they stopped, he was happy. Him and Emily were a normal couple. He just wanted everything to be normal.

(I miss being motivated :/ )