Chapter 1: Iron hand

I roll myself on my right side, sandwiching my hands between my fluffy pillow and my head and I begin to think.

I think back about today and conclude that I, much to my irritation, acted like a complete and utter airhead.

I would normally never follow someone like I did today. I'm not some crazy bitch who likes to follow people around to get a look inside their live and pine over my own, but today was an exception alright, It won't happen again, I won't do this a second time.

Today was just.. different, it was like my body was aching to go after him, physically dragging me up on my feet and behind him, which was, if I may be honest, not at all a bad view.

I was enjoying a cup of coffee and a kit kat when I felt shivers running down my back. I glanced up to look for an open door but my eyes immediately deviated from their original path, and locked themselves onto a figure, a man, a tall, handsome man.

He walked in confidently, ignoring all the hungry eyes of the females within a one mile radius of where he was standing, and made his way towards the counter, bringing all the people sitting in the area's stares along with him.

There was just something about that brown haired man that demanded my attention, he intrigued me.

He was drop dead, swoon-worthy, pantie-dropping gorgeous. I didn't know they still made them this hot these days and it's a curse. I wouldn't be thinking about a random guy I saw in a coffee shop hadn't it been for his unnaturally and slightly infuriating handsome physique.

Some people are just blessed all around.

I sighed a deep breath, stuffing my face into the pillow and squiggling my feet restlessly.

I still remember his dark eyes, they were like huge black holes, sucking me in without even having to look at me.

He radiated danger and I couldn't help but rake my eyes over him, analysing every inch of his perfectly toned—tattooed body. I nearly died and went to heaven when I saw black ink peek out from under his dress shirt collar and honestly speaking, I would've been completely okay with that.

"I'll be there in a minute; I didn't know he wanted the girl today. I'll get her to him as soon as possible, I just need to-"

Because the door of the café felt the need to make a ding sound and cut off my eavesdropping session, I couldn't hear the rest of his conversation. What I did notice, and what scared me a little bit, however, was that his conversation didn't exactly sound too innocent, it sounded rather sketchy, dark even.

So, to come to the part of me being an irresponsible airhead; i was being the little noisy lady that I am, and decided it was a good idea to follow his tracks by tiptoeing behind him to see where he was headed to.

Maybe that wasn't the best and smartest decision of the day, since he was literally talking about getting a girl to someone, whoever that may be, but I did it nonetheless.

I never claimed to be the brightest brunette to walk this earth and clearly didn't act upon it if I did.

I groan as I remember that my attempt of becoming a temporary stalker didn't really go as planned.. I succeeded in losing him in the first few seconds of following him.

Well done Liv, your little fantasy you made up in your head where you were becoming a successful spy just completely went down the drain.

I sighed, turning back to my original position and fluttering my eyes closed. I probably won't see the man again anyway; I didn't even catch his name. All I know is that he is hot and tall. That's about it.