Chapter 13

===Ben's POV===

Kat's birthday, what better time to ask her to marry me? Danny said he would be okay with it especially since Kat and I are going to be having a kid.

"Cameron, what would ever make you think this is a good idea?" Kat asked.

I had one arm around her and rubbed her stomach a bit as we were sitting on the couch.

Cameron scoffed and handed Kat one of the controllers for the switch, "Because I've been practicing my Mario Kart skills."

Kat giggled and shook her head, leaning on me, "Alright, if you really want to."

"It's like you two already have a kid." Sam joked, sitting next to me.

"Of all the people to start a family first, who knew it would be Ben? The biggest alcoholic of us all. Except maybe Danny." James laughed.

"You all act like he's not capable of being a father." Kat sighed and looked up at me.

I shook my head and smiled a bit, "Did I ever think I'd be a dad? No, absolutely not. But I'm most definitely happy about it and plan on doing the best I can. So you assholes, can all shut the fuck up."

Danny walked in and looked at us all, glancing at the tv, "Are we trying to beat Kat at Mario Kart again?"

Cameron nodded and offered Danny a controller.

"You four play, then I'll race against whoever wins." Kat got up and stretched then went out front.

Danny punched my arm, "Are you going to ask her or not?"

"What?" I looked at him confused, "Of course I'm going to ask. I'd be stupid not to."

"You're already stupid, Benjamin." Danny shrugged and sat where Kat was, "Why haven't you asked yet?"

"I'm going to do it, Danny. Stop sounding so worried." I sighed and leaned back.

"When?" James asked.

"Oh! Do it while you two are at dinner tonight!" Cameron suggested.

I gave Cameron a look as if saying he was stupid, "That's the plan mate." I got up and sighed, "I'm go-"

Kat walked back inside holding a bunch of flowers and we all looked over at her, "Hey what do you guys think of-. Why are you all looking at me?"

Sam got up, standing next to me, "We were just making sure that Ben is going to-"

I put my hand over his mouth, "Think about every word coming out of your mouth, and tell me why they're the wrong choice."

"Because she doesn't know that you're going to as-"

"Sam! Are you-?" I took a deep breath and sighed, "Please, don't ruin this for me."

Sam silently nodded and went to the kitchen.

Later that night after everyone had left, Kat and I went out to dinner.

"I know it's probably not what you were hoping for as a birthday celebration but you being pregnant somewhat limits what we can do." I said while waiting for our food.

"It's lovely, Ben. Thank you." Kat smiled and held my hand, "If it means anything, I think you're going to be a wonderful father."

"I sure hope so. I want to ask you something later." I kissed her hand and our food soon arrived.

After dinner we went for a walk and ended up on the beach.

"You said you wanted to ask me something?" Kat looked up at me, looking slightly scared.

I stopped walking and stood in front of her. I put on hand on her cheek and held her hand with the other, "Kat, you're my best friend. You always have been, and, I'm so terribly sorry for hurting you the way I did in the past. It was so stupid of me to think anyone was more important than you. We've been together for almost a year, we're about to have a kid, and so I wanted to ask, if by chance you've forgiven me for the stupid things I've done, and if you would consider the thought and.." I grabbed the ring from my pocket and got down on one knee, "Marry me?"

Kat nodded quickly, "Absolutely, Ben. I wouldn't want it to be anybody else."

I put the ring on her finger and got up, hugging her.

Kat hugged back tightly, "I'm so glad you came back into my life after everything that happened."

"So am I." I kissed the top of her head and held her hands, "It's getting late, let's head back home."