I ONE I

A R I A  S A N T I A G O

||

The club was slow around this time. Men slowly started to pile in. Men of all kinds of occupations. Priest, policemen, nurses, teachers, mobsters. Pretty much any one you can think about.

Drinks lounged around the counters of my bar area from previous guest that left and most tipped pretty heavily. Yet it was easy to flirt with me and shove a little cleavage in their face to get them to tip a pretty penny without having to do much.

I could've been more indulged in this club. Maybe strip for a couple hundred dollars, walk around with bottles and sparkles waving them while making myself look delectable all while trying not to cause a fire. Please Larissa's heart, waving the sparkles to close to her hair burnt half off it off. But the show must go on while her
recovery is slow.

I never wanted to do anything to extravagant though, I wanted to stay hidden in plain sight. I didn't want to get known around this town not just yet.

" On the rocks please , bello" Sergio. One of my favorite regulars. ( Beautiful ) Sergio was one of the dirty cops you could say. He worked with The Lombardi's. The Bronx most notorious, community tighted mob family there is here. They've been here for longer than what I can remember. Very well respected and respectable, until you do something that doesn't sit well with them.

" Sergio ..." I slid his drink in-front of him with a wide grin on my face. Me and Sergio go way back, he was there when I first arrived in New York.

||

Y O U H A V E N O W A R R I V E D I N : N E W Y O R K.

The announcer called as I left the train. The station was busy, people bumping into each other to get to their gates. Of course taking the train was an everyday thing for someone who lived in new york, definitely was faster than taking the streets.

I grabbed my things from the round about and started heading to the front of the station though I was a little bit lost. Looking down at my phone showed the map in which I followed.

It wasn't long before I bumped into somebody causing my phone to fall onto the ground.

"Mi scusi, mi dispiace tanto signora" The stranger voice called as they quickly bent down to retrieve my phone and place it in my hand. Excuse me, I'm so sorry ma'am. We locked eyes.

" You're fine, I'm new here trying to find a way out of this place is ridiculous!" I spoke , the guy laughed heartily.

" I'll help you out , mind telling me where you're heading too?" He asked taking my bags from my hands. I was shocked at the gesture.

" Um, Lombardi's estate..." I said in a hushed toned. Knowing what my god father does it scares me to even say it out loud.

" Looks like we're going the same way. I'm Sergio" He gave me a toothy grin. I took a quick moment to take in his features, he was handsome to say the least.

"Aria"

||

"Notte intensa?" He questioned sending me a smile. I scanned the crowd, it was busier than usual now which means it wasn't long before I was gonna have to deal with drunk men coming up trying to bite off more than they can chew. Busy Night?

" Just started, I'd hope you stick around to watch me work and keep me company" I sent him a smile as I moved around to serve other men making minimal conversation with them to get back to Sergio.

" You know I'd love too, but your father is here discussing business so I have to keep watch. Watching you tonight will get me fired and killed" Sergio smirked as he took another drink, finishing the glass I handed him. He turned away scanning the crowd.

No one knows I speak or understand Italian and I decided to keep it that way. I was staying in a town where it was mostly Italian people, only because everyone here treated me like family. The men adored me, blessing and a curse I'd say.

" Yea we can't have that. What would Maria say you came up missing and I would be the cause. She'd just have me all to herself." I spoke causing Sergio to laughed in which I shared with him.

Sergio had a wife, Maria. She was like a best friend to me. We all are 4 years apart. Me being 24, Sergio 28, along with Maria. Though she was the oldest along the three of us.

Maria claimed that me and her were dating, Sergio and Maria were in a open marriage when it came to me. Though we never crossed the boundary of doing anything, something Maria did was cross the boundary though. She simply just liked to touch me not that Sergio had a problem with it, he always laughed it off and we'd continue with our day.

" You would like that wouldn't you?" Sergio questioned as he stood up, dusting himself off. " Though I have to get going. Stay safe Amore, text me when you get home tonight. Maria said she will be dropping off food in the morning before she gets to work"

He took my hand in his, placing a kiss onto it. I smiled and shoo'd him away so he wouldn't get into any trouble. After I moved out of my godfathers place I've been doing my own thing, his proposition still stands as though I'm not sure I'm ready just yet. Maybe soon.

I watched Sergio walk away and up a flight of stairs that reserved my godfathers section. It wasn't long before my eyes met with someone's. Our eyes stayed locked for a minute, though he looked familiar I couldn't put my finger onto it.

"Ehi, ho bisogno di assistenza qui!" My eyes shifted off the stranger and onto the customer I had accumulated. I smiled greatly sending them a sorry as I listened to their order. Hey, I need assistance here!

My eyes shifted back to the section to see that the stranger had disappeared into the crowd of people. Though his looks stumped me I couldn't remember who it was, I decided to forget it and I continued on with my shift.

||

Happy readings,
~ Moki