How Am I Special?

Alexis P.O.V-

I quickly closed my sketchbook, and stuffed it inside my backpack. I rubbed my temples and calmly told myself. No more slender, no more crazy. I wouldnt draw or think about that creepypasta at all. I left my room and immediately smelled food, I found Kyle in the kitchen frying sausage and eggs. I decided to scare him since he hadn't noticed me. I crept up behind him and grabbed his sides and yelled. He screamed, I could feel him jump. I began to laugh as he turned around and was pouting. I gave him a hug as an I'm sorry gesture.

"I'm going to go collect some of the wild strawberries." I told him walking towards the door.

"That sounds great, be back soon or I'll eat your half of the breakfast." He said jokingly.

I walked outside and took a deep breath in the cool crisp woodland air, I loved it. I began walking along the small path that lead into the woods. I followed it until I made it to the small clearing with a wild strawberry patch. I took my jacket off and began to pick strawberries and place them on the jacket. I was just focusing on my task, when I heard a males smooth voice.

"Strawberries huh? Didn't peg you as the strawberry type."

I looked around to find the source of the voice, I found an average height male leaning up against a tree not far from me with his back facing me. He had on black pants and a white hoodie, with long black hair.

"Do I know you?" I asked timidly.

"No, but I happened to notice you and I really wanted to talk to you." he said, putting a lot of emphasis on the word really.

"Who are you?" I asked putting more courage in my voice.

"Call me, Jeff. Nice to meet you, you know you're very special Alexis." He said as he walked away.

I never told him my name, how did he know me, and what makes me so special, I kept thinking about the encounter with the strange guy who never showed me his face. Maybe I really am crazy. I thought to myself as I came in and gave Kyle the strawberries.

I ate my breakfast quietly, arguing with myself in my head whether or not I was crazy, arguing with myself, another reason to prove I'm crazy. I sighed inwardly, maybe it's just being here in the woods. It's all in my head its nothing there was no slenderman and I didn't meet any one in the woods. It's just my imagination. Hopefully.

Kyle must have noticed something was off because by the time I snapped back to reality, he had stopped eating and was watching me with concern.

"What, did I grow a third eye?" I say trying to make him think I was fine.

"Alexis we've been friends forever now, I know when somethings wrong." he said furrowing his brow.

Kyle, of course I can't make it seem like I'm OK. He knows me, a little to well for that. I can't tell him, I don't want my best friend to think I'm crazy. I would lose him, tears formed in my eyes, what is wrong with me? Kyle ran over and wrapped his arms around me.

"Alexis please tell me."

"I can't tell you what's wrong, I don't even know whats wrong..." I said full on tears forming, at least I didn't lie... Somewhat. I really didn't know what was wrong with me.

Kyle held me to him, he picked me up and carried me into his room with him. I could barely see through my tears. He layed me on the bed and sat beside me, he started to stroke my hair. Saying words of encouragement in a soothing tone. I guess I fell asleep because in what seemed like an instant I was no longer in the bedroom.

I was in a Forrest with tall trees, and sky concealing foliage. It was dark and I had a flash light, I winced. A slender nightmare, I just want to get away from this. I began running I had to look down at my feet so I wouldn't stumble. Next thing I know I ran into something I looked up and saw no face.

I woke up with a yelp to find myself in my own bed moonlight shining through my window. I slept all day, I hugged my knees to my chest. Why is this happening to me why did that strange guy call me special. I couldn't figure it out its a good thing we're going home tomorrow...