Chapter Eleven

I left the old church with a sense of enlightenment. I had promised Tessa that this Friday night, at midnight, I would meet her and the rest of the...er...group.

  Part of me nagged at myself. This is insane. But it feels right.

  I slowly opened our front door and climbed upstairs. Trying to not even blink loudly, I made my way to my room. I jumped on my and wrapped myself into my soft pale green covers and drifted to a peaceful rest.

*******

"What's up with you today?" Asked Jade as we sat at the lunch table on Friday.

"Nothing, just a lot on my mind"

Tessa, who sat across the table, winked at me with a smug look.

"So Harp, are you two a thing?" She said while using her fork to jester towards me and Coltons intertwined hands.

I sighed and shot a glance to Colton. He smiled widely at me, as if it was funny.

"I guess so" he said finally to Tessa.

My insides did a little flip and I could feel warmth rushing to my cheeks. All I could bring myself to say was a measely little "yeah".

Tessa burrowed her brows and bit her lip.

"What's wrong?" I asked.

"Oh nothing" she said as she straightened out her skirt, "nothing at all"

I looked at her questionably. But she ignored my stare.

The bell let out its loud shrill and Colton walked with me to class. "What was with your friend?"

"She's a little... complicated"

"I know some one like that" he winked.

"Excuse me? I don't know what youre talking about" I said with a giggle.

"Harper, there's just something amazing about you"

"Oh really?"

"You just have this glow about you. I don't know. It just draws me in" he said while wrapping his arms around me.

I stared into his eyes smugly. He lightly touched chin as he went in to kiss me softly.

"Excuse me that is inappropriate for school. Your parents paid for you to learn in this school not perform PDA in the hallway"

I pulled away to see a short and plump woman with her hands on her hips staring at us.

Colton apologized as glared at him. "I'll be having to keep an eye out on you two" she said with a Humph.

Colton laughed as she stomped away.

"But I just wanted tell you I feel a connection with you" he side with a soft smile tugging at his lips.

I stood on my tippy toes to kiss those lovely lips.

"I know what you mean" I whispered.