Prologue: Childplay

Prologue.

I stood three feet with my arms crossed across my small chest, "Give me back my Barbie!" I screamed as loud as a five year old could. Hannah stuck her tongue out at me, and wrapped her hand around the Barbie's head. She grinned viciously, and tugged hard until the head popped off. She threw the head down in the dirt, and began stomping on it with her boots. Tears streamed down my face, and she began teasing me. Calling me a cry baby and telling me to run and cry to my mommy. She shoved me to the ground, and I screamed just as loud. She ran away to the back of my house, where our mother's were. I sat in the dirt, staring at my decapitated Barbie and sobbing.

I hated Hannah Meyers. "Do you need help?" I boys voice came from behind me. He was soon standing in front of me, holding his hand out to me. I grabbed it, and he helped me up. "I'm Erik." He introduced himself and held out his hand.

"Lilah." I said shyly, but didn't return his handshake. He slapped his hands to his sides, and smiled. I stood there, rocking back and forth on my heels. "So, you want to play?" he asked. I nodded and led him to my back yard. My mom and Hannah's mom were sitting at the umbrella table, by the pool, and Hannah was playing with dolls by her mom's chair. I walked Erik to my mom, and introduced him. She was thrilled I found another playmate.

We walked over to Hannah, and that was the day she was determined to steal my best friend...

[A/N: I never really do prologues, and I'm sorry it's short. I hope it's not comfusing or anything. This is how it all started.

Vote? Comment? Thank you!

:)

Song: Bruno Mars: Just the way you are