Fate

Four weeks later, i was walking home with tomorrow's summative test on Earth Science preoccupying my mind.

As I got home, all that preoccupation became sleep and i woke up next morning in panic because i dozed off without even opening my notes.

There was no point in cramming now.

I decided I'd cheat a couple test questions out later.

But the universe had other plans.

It was as if my teacher read the plan I concocted. Instead of the usual seating arrangement, she decided to shuffle us, taking all my closest friends away from me and placing them somewhere else.

I ended up sitting next to Jennie.

Our teacher started distributing the papers.

I can't ask for help. I barely even know her.

I receive my paper.

Instructions: Write the letter of your answer on the space provided before the number.

I clear my head.

I can do this. I'll wing it.

NONE of the questions were situational. They were all objective. Meaning, the only way I could answer this is if I had memorized the terms.

I take a deep breath and try my best.

I had a few answers down, but overall, I'm still hopeless.

I decided I'd ask for help.

Since I didn't want to be too obvious, I had to copy from the person to my right because it was in the direction of my paper.  I could pretend to be looking at my test but in reality, i was looking for answers from the neighbor.

That neighbor would be Jennie.

I felt shy at first but got over it. However, I didn't ask her.

I decided I'd just look at her paper. Thank God, because she wrote in capital which made it easier.

Here I go.