Part 1

It all started when I first entered this world. One day when I was 3 and a half moons old, I woke up and saw that my siblings were gone. I walked out of the nursery and saw them playing with NightShadow's tail. Then I heard my mother calling my name, "Scourgekit! Scourgekit come here!" I bounded across the clearing and sat in front of her. "Follow me." She ordered. So I did.

She lead me out of camp and into the woods. Then we reached a hollow with a small waterfall that hid a cave with an opening at the top,and green grass inside. We went into the cave. There, she trained me to be a better warrior. Why didn't she train my siblings as well? Why me? What reason? So many questions ran through my head.

Almost every day we trained in that cave. Then came mine and my sibling's apprentice ceremony. My mother, EmberStar, was to train me. I was happy. She was the clans leader for Starclan's sake! My sisters Maplepaw, Crescentpaw, and Jaypaw got other cats as their mentors. Maplepaw got Whiteheart, Crescentpaw got FoxFang, and Jaypaw got Nightshadow, our Deputy.

One day, when I was around 9 moons old, the clan accused my mom of liking me better than my siblings. I wanted to leap to her defense, but I knew it would make things worse. My mother kept telling them that she loved us all equally. I wanted to believe that. But no matter what she said, no matter what she did, I knew she liked me better than them. I should've been happy, but I wasn't.