Chapter 21

(Flashback) It was just another day of school, everyone was in class and getting ready for today's lecture about Belgium 1831, which made Fiona very excited. But right before Mr. Matthews was about to begin, the door suddenly swung open as an unfamiliar girl stepped in.

"What?" she remarked with a grin "You guys started without me?"

"GET OUT!!!!!" Fiona growled with frustration.

But the girl just ignored her as she kept on talking.

"Someone in this room is going to be very surprised to see me" she smirked.

"Is it me?" Ricky questioned.

"Don't know sugar, but can you be any cuter?"

"Well, I can't answer that" he smiled bashfully.

"You got a transfer slip?" Cory asked the girl.

"I do," she nodded while handing him her documents "Check out them grades, here, let me sing them to you. D D D D D, D, F."

"Hey, I know that song" Miles pointed out with a smile.

"Zoella Babineaux," Cory read her documents "From Austin, Texas."

At that moment, everyone turned to Lucy who suddenly looked very uncomfortable as she stared at the new girl.

"What are you doing here, Zoe?" she muttered.

"Well, what I'm doing here is waiting for a better reaction from you," Zoe responded.

"Miles," Ricky spoke with a concerned look "Something's changing."

"Well um, have a seat, Miss Banineaux" Cory offered the girl who took the empty seat behind Lucy.

"Lucy," Ricky turned to face her "Do you know this Zoella?"

"Yeah," Zoe nudged Lucy with a smirk "Tell them, you know me good."

"How about we talk later?" Lucy declared with a fake smile as Zoe held her hands with a shrug.

"Well, Miss Banineaux" Cory suddenly said, "If you work out as well as last year's new student, we're happy to have you."

"Wait," Zoe raised an eyebrow as she turned to Lucy "Lucy, you're doing okay here?"

"Why wouldn't she be doing okay here?" Ricky asked her.

"You're not currently on probation?" Zoe continued to question the cowgirl "No disciplinary action? They just let you wander free?"

"SIT DOWN!!!!" Fiona suddenly growled who was still obviously upset from the interruption.

"Something bad is happening, Miles" Ricky stated, now getting more concerned.

"Yeah," Miles agreed while turning to Zoe "It occurs to me you're trying to tell us Southern Belle was a little different back in Texas."

"A little?" Zoe doubted as she turned to Lucy "What do they know, exactly?"

"That's enough, Miss Babineaux" Cory ordered.

"Oh, so you know about her?"

"I know all about Miss Friar," he admitted with a sad look.

"Excuse me?" Ricky remarked, now feeling offended as he felt his hands starting to shake.

"Ricky," Miles spoke calmly "You're shaking."

"Dad, you know something?"

"Back in Texas-" Lucy suddenly begin.

"Lucy," Cory cut in as Lucy turned to him with a nervous look "You sure?"

She gave a small nod as she continued to speak.

"Back in Texas," she began in a mumble "I did something. I had to leave."

"It was great!" Zoe exclaimed, "I mean, they threw her out of the whole school!"

"What?!" Ricky gasped fully shocked.

"I came here to get a fresh start," Lucy added still mumbling "Nobody knew me here."

"I know her," Zoe raised her hand with a smirk.

"Do I know you?" Ricky suddenly asked Lucy who gave him a gloomy look as she nervously rubbed her arms.

Whatever Lucy did back in Texas, it was surely bad that she got kicked out of school because of it. And whatever she did, Ricky was going to find out.

Because of what happened between Lucy and Charlotte, Ricky felt that now wasn't the best time to tell Lucy the truth. But he felt it was at least okay to let Lucy meet up with Joan, perhaps his cousin will lighten things up. So after calling his cousin who soon showed up along with Zoe who showed up a bit later, Ricky allowed the girls to catch up as he decided to leave them alone while he went up to the counter where his mother was at.

"They seem to be having a good time" Topanga pointed with a smile.

"Yeah," he nodded with a small smile "I never realized how close Joan was to them, and yet there she is, smiling and laughing with Lucy and Zoe."

"Well, there's a lot you don't know about girls."

"Yeah," he nodded with a chuckle.

"Hey uh, I noticed earlier that Lucy and Charlotte were talking to each other, and they didn't look very happy. Do you know what happened?"

"I don't," he shook his head "Lucy won't tell me. All she said was that it was just basic girl stuff and that everything's fine, but I know that something's up."

"Are they still at each other's throats?" Topanga questioned a bit surprised.

"It seems like it," he muttered, "But the main thing is, as long as they don't kill each other, I think everything will be fine."

"Um, I wouldn't be so sure about that" she advised with a nervous look "When girls get jealous, it's not a pretty thing, and a lot of times it can turn violent. I know that Lucy has been doing better since what happened back in Texas. But don't forget about that, you remember the last time what happened with Lucy when she got mad at a girl?"

"I know," he nodded, still muttering "I never forget that. And I still hope that it never happens again. As long as Lucy can control her temper, especially around Charlotte, then I'm okay with it."

"Okay but, don't always believe that. Remember, Lucy hasn't been here in 5 years, meaning that she hasn't seen anyone, including Charlotte in those 5 years. And now that she has, I bet that jealousy she felt around Charlotte is going to get bigger."

"What do you mean?"

"Honey," she sighed "It's so obvious that the two of you still deeply care for one another. But because of what happened with Lucy, those feelings might cause a problem. Look, I'm not saying that I believe that Lucy might become Texas Lucy again, but it is a possibility, and you better watch out if that does happen."

Knowing that his mother might be right, Ricky turned to the girls who didn't seem to be listening to his conversation with his mother as they just focused on each other.

"Do you think it'll happen again?" his mother asked him softly.

"To be honest," he mumbled, "After not seeing her for 5 years, there is a chance. And if I happen to be around when it happens, I just hope I'm able to put a stop to it."