Chapter 1: Can't Help Falling in Love

A door opens to a room with a laptop open to a song playing, and words written on a paper attached to that laptop saying "Wise men say only fools rush in, but I can't help falling in love"; this was a start on finding clues on the kidnapper of the town that kidnapped many girls. Who is this kidnapper?

Hours before the kidnap: Local news on TV have been buzzing about the kidnapper in town; multiple girls have been missing with no clue, and specifically girls in the age group 18 and above. Families are concerned on their daughters, furious that the local police are doing nothing and have no leads on who might be this kidnapper.

Sophia a new investigator in town was given this case on the kidnapper since they thought it's a great idea since she is a girl within the age group of the missing girls. Sophia actually begged for this case since her own friend is missing and wanted to solve the case to find her. It's been difficult for her to solve the case since there are no leads on it, no clues, and no tracks for her to find.

It was a rainy and gloomy Friday night; it gave this eerie feeling like something bad is about to happen. Sophia was back in her apartment in the dark part of town since she's been struggling with money; this case is the only thing that will save her from getting fired and ending up homeless. Her family died in a car crash when she was almost graduating high school, which is really sad since she did not attend her own graduation due to depression, so this job was her way of getting herself back on track.

Sophia has a neighbor named Clara, she was very quiet, not many friends, always stayed in her apartment unless her boyfriend came and took her out. Clara was Sophia's suspect on her case although it doesn't add up.... Until she heard a scream and a bang coming from her apartment. Sophia rushed to her apartment with a gun in her hand, that's when thunder claps.... The door to her room opens with her laptop open to a dark version of the song "Can't Help Falling in Love" with a note attached with a specific lyric on it. Sophia finally found her first clue through the kidnapping of her mysterious roommate; could this be her boyfriend? Someone else?

Sophia took pictures of the clues and started looking around the apartment to find more clues. She was mainly looking for Clara's phone to find people she knew, then question them about her and her boyfriend.

Clara could be talking about her boyfriend since the lyric is talking about love and finding her boyfriend's information could be a start on this investigation. Sophia finally felt like she might finally get a chance to save her career.

2 days have passed by and Sophia finally found enough information about Clara's boyfriend and thought about first asking people about him. His name is Matthew, he's a junior in university, played in a basketball team in his free time, and this was Sophia's first step: question the basketball team about Matthew.

Sophia was able to catch up to the basketball team before they all left, Matthew wasn't with them weirdly, either he is the kidnapper or he is actually concerned about Clara, Sophia asked the guys who is Matthew's closest friend in this team, a guy named Charles said he is like a brother to him. Sophia started asking questions such as how often Matthew comes to basketball practice, if he is acting weird lately, and more; Charles didn't like these questions he immediately knew and asked if Matthew is a suspect on these kidnaps since his girlfriend has been kidnapped; she changed up the topic to clear the tension, and asked where Matthew is so she could ask him personally the questions; none of the basketball players helped with the investigation.

While Sophia was entering the car, she found a note attached to her car that said "Want to find Clara? Follow this map", which of course Sophia did without asking for backup. She started following the map until she reached an abandoned shack almost in the middle of the woods, and there she finds the body of Clara lying with flies surrounding it; she looked tortured, struggle marks, and almost no blood in her body since she's been stabbed a couple times in her heart and back. There was a trail of blood that lead to this shack, that means she's been murdered in a different location then was dragged to this shack for Sophia to find. Who would've done this horrible thing? Was Matthew the one killed her, and his basketball players are covering it up? Are all the missing girls all murdered too? All these questions coming up on Sophia's mind as she's looking around the body for more clues, and there she finds another paper in Clara's pocket that has a different lyric written on it "Would it be a sin if I can't help falling in love". This made Sophia question if Clara was the one that put these notes for her to know who the murderer is, or is it the murderer that is playing a game with her.